Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@slick jones, I know you watch the videos I find & post on here, and I am appreciative. I am appreciative of all the people that watch. I just hate when people moan about a simple mishap and not direct it to me. Other than that, I am done with the situation. I'll just post one video on here and inform you all to piece it together on your own seeing as it bother a certain someone so much. 

• Members

When I had my ancient, very slow computer, it used to drive me crazy when I was unable to load certain web sites and content. My system would slow down to a virtual standstill, or crash completely, whenever I tried to visit pages with multiple videos or GIFs.  But I realized that it was MY problem. I could not expect posters and webmasters from around the world to restrict their own posting style to minimize my personal grievances. The internet is an ever-evolving technology, and it was my own responsibility to catch up and accommodate its content. Being respectful of other posters' issues is great, and always the preferred option, but you do not need to throw out the baby with the bathwater, as they say. I daresay most folks enjoy the videos. 

• Members

1991 was a great year...the rebuilding/transformation if the show from Pam long's era to Curlee and co's era.

1992 wad the last year where I thought the show was flawless....1993 had some great stuff..but Mo's death short circuited a wonderful potential storyline that started in late 1991...ed/lillian/maureen....people would be torn...sides would be taken.  We know Roger and vanessa would take Mo's side...but id be on the fence over whose side Holly would take.. since she had become friends with Mo ad well as her close friendship with Ed...yet would have felt sympathy for Lillian as well.  Blake and Ross would be an interesting question since both had close ties to ed/mo...alan Michael as well given he and Ed were close.  Such a shame.

• Members

Vee, take a seat.

If you cannot handle people asking questions, voicing concerns or treating each and every person here with at least a modicum of respect, how about YOU stay out of the threads? All of them, preferably. There's so much more I could say about how rudely and dismissively I've seen you treat people on this forum over the years, but I won't. Others reading this post know exactly what I'm talking about. Oh, and you can spare me your "witty" (i.e.caustic) reply to this post.  I won't be back to read it.

Maxine - I really did not intend to upset you or passive-aggressively address the frustration I have with the Youtube embeds. And so, I hope you will accept my apology for that. I did not want to "call you out" in a post, not knowing how you would feel about that. Nor did I think a private message to you would allow any others experiencing the crashes I experience to comment. Sigh. I have received 8 private messages from other members thanking me for my post and echoing my frustrations, just as you have received several comments from members thanking you for the YT vids. But in speaking only for myself, all I can say is that with two Apple iPdads and an iPhone, my browsers frequently crash as the pages with several YT videos try to load - and that's if they load at all. I am not sure if my brand new apple products are considered "ancient" or "slow" by others who have responded to this issue, but they seem to do fine on other websites. I don't visit this site using a PC that requires system updates on my part or, nor do I have a desire for anybody to accommodate me. I am quite mobile and so I only use mobile devices and I regularly trade up for the newest and latest models. In any event, I wish to reiterate that it was not my intention to upset you and I do hope you accept my apology in the spirit in which I offer it.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Who are you?

First of all, let's not pretend you won't read this because judging by your out of nowhere rant you clearly read plenty I post. Second, if you want respect, don't show up in a thread to complain about it out of nowhere when many people have been posting embeds for literally years and doing scrapbooking work the rest of us (you and me included) clearly have no time for. We all have trouble with browsers sometimes. That doesn't make those situations the priority.

Your solution is not feasible and it is not realistic in 2017. Your options are: get a better device to browse the cancelled soaps threads on, or live with it. Simple. No one cares how many PMs you got from other people. Live with it.

• Members

Well my username is not Maxine. She's just my avatar. 

That aside, I accept your apology and I will trim it down to one video and just inform everyone else that the rest are on YT and they can piece it together; however, I do wish you would've either msg'd me, quoted me, or @ me b/c it did come off as passive-aggressive but it is all is good. All is forgiven.

Also, I would love these 8 "members" to come out and express their concerns b/c they could've easily expressed their concerns like you did, but instead they have you out here taking all the damn heat. 

Edited by Nothin'ButAttitude

• Members

I didn't send anyone a message, and I do appreciate the videos provided, but I also wish there was a limit to how many can go into one post or one page. It's only happened to me a handful of times, but I've also had this thread crash on my iPhone 7 before.

Again, I do thank everyone who goes to the trouble of posting videos for our viewing pleasure, but I wish we could get some actual discussion of those clips back up.