Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

SS is my favorite of the two, but LK was somehow able to make me even like the twins by two fathers ridiculous story! I think my favorite thing about Blake from SS's Blake through the late 90s Blake was how present her parental issues were in everything she did. She was insecure in her relationship with Ross because of all her daddy (and mommy) issues. 

Going back and watching old GL episodes I am always struck by how completely different Glenn Close chick's Blake was (forgetting her name, something Dennehy?). 

• Members

Agree that Ed was missing from that story...given the close bond he and Blake always had...plus you know it would habe caused strife with Roger and Holly given the complicated history of those three...plus even organically caused Fletcher to realize that Holly would always be tied to Roger and Ed.

• Members

I wonder if Marcy Walker was offered a role on the short-lived primetime soap Central Park West in the mid-1990s.  Both CPW and GL were generally done out of New York, plus both soaps were aired on CBS.  I can't say that Marcy was too happy during her stint as Tangie Hill on GL.  In the end, she rejoined the cast of All My Children as Liza Colby.