Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Melinda Fee (ex Charlotte Bauer) claims she is a Targeted Individual. I had no idea what that was. Came across her name reading about Randy Quaid. Apparently it's some conspiracy theory involving mind control and who knows what else. She thinks 'directed energy waves' are targeting her and causing pain.

Actress Melinda Fee explores the possibility of an under-reported idea that some producers and other handlers in Hollywood have long been suspected of acquiring large insurance policies on their famous clients right before their deaths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0f2ldPhR4U

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

Which was reversed during Tagger's run in the "First Wive's Club" episodes. Alan mentions to Phillip that they have "Victoria's"  and Vickies vote against Alex..(which doesnt make sense as Alex and Victoria both shared Brandon's death.  But then, they casually make Amanda Alan' daughter again around then..or least he referred to her as his daughter.

Vickie Spaulding was a wasted effort. She could have been the first balls out business bitch who secretly resented the white privledge of the Spauldings and worked against them. She actually did nothing really.

• Members

Yes, I have no idea if that was intentional or if it was mistake or if they thought it was too complicated to refer to her as his sister but they did. I just wish he and Alex would have a scene where they discussed that situation as "Brandon's last sick joke on us" and that a blood test rectified things.

• Members

Thanks for that link, Carl. This YT user is really putting up some great stuff, even if it's just audio clips. I was hoping he would have some GL! If I recall, this scene posted by CBS on YT back in 2009 is the culmination to the audio clip (update: which the YT user actually states in the audio clip - I should read a bit more!!!).

Edited by zanereed
Updated text.

• Members

I started watching Fall 1997 episodes of Guiding Light.

It is really fun. Annie Dutton is falling apart, Cassie just showed up and is dating Billy, Jenna/Buzz/Nola thing is going on, Rick/Abby/Jesse/Michelle stuff is interesting..

Soaps really were better before. I don't have this interest today while watching any soap.

• Members

I loved watching 1997 for the first time back in 2008 as it was airing in Iceland. The only stuff I truly disliked was that bland vanilla love story between Michelle and Jesse. I remember their first love scenes taking up half an episode. Ugh.
I've picked back up the December 1995 episodes I was watching last year, around the time Josh marries Annie right before he discovers Reva is alive.
I hope all of 2002 will show up one of these days. There's some 2001 episodes up I liked but not that many. Overall I liked the feel the show had in 01/02.