bellcurve

The Game Show Thread!

Yeah he gives a lot of his money to their cause, and volunteers at recruitment centers, etc... Though he seemed ok with that flaming gay guy coming on to him, so

I LOVE this clip of Meredith on Millionaire totally coming on to some poor airforce stud.

http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/who-wants-a-horny-tv-quiz-show-host/2jp34zlv

Wow! How shameless can you get. Not that I blame her, because he IS foine. I knew that the possibilities would be endless when the "wet willy" question came up.

Yeah he gives a lot of his money to their cause, and volunteers at recruitment centers, etc... Though he seemed ok with that flaming gay guy coming on to him, so

I LOVE this clip of Meredith on Millionaire totally coming on to some poor airforce stud.

http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/who-wants-a-horny-tv-quiz-show-host/2jp34zlv

She got ALOT of flak about that from gameshow critics and I thought it was one of the lower moments of her run. I'm glad this happened very early on.

She got ALOT of flak about that from gameshow critics and I thought it was one of the lower moments of her run. I'm glad this happened very early on.

I find it hysterical, but I do agree with you... You'd never have a male host get away with that now (with a woman or man contestant ;) )

“Family Feud” Moves to Universal Studios Orlando; Tapes July 10th

The popular syndicated game show Family Feud will be leaving its Los Angeles home for the first time. The Steve Harvey hosted twelfth season (Steve in his first) will be moving to Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. The show will begin taping the new season on July 10th. We’ll post ticket announcements when they become available.

I think this move will end up being really good for the show. It’ll definitely bring a new crowd into the show. It’s a heavy vacation spot. That means fewer paid audience members (and a much more diverse audience as well) which saves them money. Plus there is a giant difference from west coast audiences to east coast audiences. Just watch the difference between Millionaire and basically any other game show. It really should add something new and great to them. And again not to mention since they have so many vacationers and travelers there, it’s a lot easier to find a larger group of people with families wanting to audition. It would be a lot easier to find a family of five essentially on-the-spot and get them playing, a bit like how Millionaire had the “Walk In and Win” Weeks.

edited to include link to source: http://buzzerblog.flashgameshows.com/family-feud-moves-to-universal-studios-orlando-tapes-july-10th/

Interesting how this show is forced to move out of LA to keep the production costs down. I wonder if the same will eventually happen for Millionaire, given how absolutely expensive it is to tape the show in Manhattan and how it seems Disney doesn't want to get rid of it's only game show property.

And Steve Harvey as host should be very interesting as well.

Edited by bellcurve

I can't wait to see Steve host FF. The only previous host I ever tolerated on the current version is Richard Karn, and I seem to be totally alone in that regard. John O'Hurley? Yeah, I'm-a pass.

Wow, everyone and their mother is going to be clamoring to get on that show when they're vacationing down at Universal. Years ago we were in the audience for "Let's Make A Deal" and it was during a special block of eps taped in Orlando with original host Monty Hall. Can't remember if it was Universal or MGM though.

I can't wait to see Steve host FF. The only previous host I ever tolerated on the current version is Richard Karn, and I seem to be totally alone in that regard. John O'Hurley? Yeah, I'm-a pass.

Richard Karn was so f0cking underrated. And didn't even get an Emmy Nomination for his work. Typical, cheapass FREEmantle and the stalwart daytime Emmy voters.

Wow, everyone and their mother is going to be clamoring to get on that show when they're vacationing down at Universal. Years ago we were in the audience for "Let's Make A Deal" and it was during a special block of eps taped in Orlando with original host Monty Hall. Can't remember if it was Universal or MGM though.

Yep. BuzzerBlog makes an interesting point too: it will be easier to find a family on a whim and an audience without having to pay for them to appear or having to scour LA to do it.

I liked Richard Karn. The one I always liked the most was Ray Combs. Most of the others I've had issues with.

Ray Combs was so damn cool!

What was your issue with Richard Dawson? :unsure:

And God, Louie Anderson. Where's the "sick" emoticon when I need it?!

<span style="font-size:10.5pt;">ABC is taking the network game show to new heights with a series from Fremantle Media North America.

In "Downfall," players answer trivia questions on top of a skyscraper in a major metropolitan city for $1 million in cash and prizes.

If they lose, the contestants risk seeing their winnings go off the side of the building. The players might also take a controlled plunge, though that part is still being worked out.

"'Downfall' is a new, hybrid, high-stakes field game show where fearless contestants have to fight and focus hard to keep their winnings from falling off the side of a building," executive producer Scott St. John said.

ABC has ordered an unspecified number of episodes for a summer bow from veteran game show producers Fremantle. Chris Ahern and Graham Shaw are supervising producers.

"Downfall" joins several projects that ABC has in the works for summer and beyond, including an ice dancing series from BBC Worldwide, an extreme weight-loss reality showfrom J.D. Roth and a deceptive game show from producer Mark Burnett.

http://www.hollywood...d1ff0d31</span>

Edited by Sylph

STOOPID.

Whatever happened to Duel? That was a damn good game show, and I was hoping it'd be successful enough for a half-hour syndication run, but I guess that wasn't meant to be.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/04/09/as-the-world-turns-how-will-cbs-replace-it/

CBS has yet to announce how it will fill the void in daytime once As the World Turns ends its 54-year run in September, but it’s looking more likely that the network will go with a game show. There was early speculation that CBS could pick up a CBS/Paramount-produced talk show hosted by Valerie Bertinelli, but a new version of Pyramid appears to be a safer bet (a syndicated talk show for Bertinelli remains in development at the network’s sister studio.)

The network confirmed that it plans to shoot a new pilot for Pyramid, which was originally considered as a replacement for Guiding Light until the network decided to go with a redux of Let’s Make a Deal instead. The project from Sony will be exec produced by Michael Davies (Who Wants to Be A Millionaire).

Rumor has it the eye may also shoot a pilot for Password, which first aired in 1961 and was hosted by Allen Ludden. CBS launched a prime time version dubbed Million Dollar Password that was hosted by Regis Philbin in June 2008; it attracted 10.69 million viewers. Still, that remake was yanked after a second, abbreviated season. CBS wouldn’t comment.

I would love to see a daytime Password, especially if they get a better host than Regis* (sorry, he is a good talk show host but a terrible game show host!) and if they stop the endlessly complicated rules. Focus on the personalities, not on rules, no one cares about that.

*I know he wouldn't host a daytime version, I just wanted to complain about that again.

Edited by CarlD2