Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

Paul Raven

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
On 7/8/2021 at 4:39 PM, BetterForgotten said:

Likely, I believe she backed out to do Silkwood with Meryl Streep and Kurt Russel, directed by Mike Nichols. That was really the beginning of her 'Hollywood' era and hard work to be taken seriously as an actress. She already had problems being taken seriously for being Cher alone, so doing a stint on a soap wouldn't have helped with the movie career she wanted and would go on to have in the 80's. Her acting career would have probably been very different had she missed out doing that supporting role in Silkwood.

I don't think Cher dropped out to film Silkwood. According to articles I read, Silkwood filmed in Texas in September 1982, so long before the character of Ruby aired.

• Members
2 hours ago, robbwolff said:

I don't think Cher dropped out to film Silkwood. According to articles I read, Silkwood filmed in Texas in September 1982, so long before the character of Ruby aired.

Thanks. It would have been interesting to see her on a soap.

• Members
49 minutes ago, amybrickwallace said:

Lee Grant, who made her TV debut on SFT, will be interviewed by Alan Locher on Friday, 7/23:

I love her, but he'd better look her up before asking her "What was it like playing the wife of Don Knotts?"  (She played his sister). Or what was it like to be Betty on Peyton Place?"

• Members
Just now, slick jones said:

I love her, but he'd better look her up before asking her "What was it like playing the wife of Don Knotts?"  (She played his sister). Or what was it like to be Betty on Peyton Place?"

Knowing his predilection for not doing his homework...still, let's hope for the best!!

• Members
On 7/18/2021 at 7:53 AM, amybrickwallace said:

Lee Grant, who made her TV debut on SFT, will be interviewed by Alan Locher on Friday, 7/23:

Lee had already been acclaimed for her role in the movie Detective Story and appeared to be on her way to a successful movie career.But soon after she was blacklisted and and took the Search role because few other avenues were open to her.A supporting role in a fledging soap wouldn't have attracted much attention.

I wonder if other actors got work in soaps because they were blacklisted?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I do know that another blacklisted actor, Joseph Jullian, took roles on The Edge of Night, As the World Turns, and Dark Shadows.

He wrote a book about his being blacklisted.   I cannot remember the name of it, but, when I do, I will post,

• Members
On 8/2/2021 at 1:55 AM, danfling said:

I do know that another blacklisted actor, Joseph Jullian, took roles on The Edge of Night, As the World Turns, and Dark Shadows.

He wrote a book about his being blacklisted.   I cannot remember the name of it, but, when I do, I will post,

This one?

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Ruby Ashford was on for a few weeks between June and July 1983. She first arrived during some big fundraiser party and left a little while later after selling Lloyd Kendall the newspaper. 

• Members
7 minutes ago, dc11786 said:

Ruby Ashford was on for a few weeks between June and July 1983. She first arrived during some big fundraiser party and left a little while later after selling Lloyd Kendall the newspaper. 

Thank you!! Who else did she interact with?