December 5-9, 2005

Toups

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

good point dimples, well I guess perople relize that Days is about to revisted the same storyline that played out 10 years ago and then don't want to watch it plus you have Jack dead for like the 100th time. I guess the return of Christie Clarke didn't help them. I wonder will it go up when Carrie and Austin reunite and the last week od december, that when Days really starts to rise.

Congrats to the ABC and CBS soaps

• Members

DAYS didn't promote Clark's return at all... Certainly not on the scale that GH promoted the return of Springfield. DAYS promoted Wayne Northrop's return much more.

But still, in any case, DAYS has nothing really exciting going on, it's just day to day dialogue. Carrie wasn't even on the entire week, (nor was there much to indicate that the show was going to repeat the triangle again), she returned Friday and wasn't even on Monday!! All they did was have business talk. The dramatic Jack stuff was the week before. This week was predominantly about Claire. Still... nothing big. DAYS is lucky it didn't actually drop...

• Members

Last week was mostly the Claire drama. Lots of Kate talking to herself about Shawn. Lots of Sami, Austin, and Lucas. Carrie was around, but not on much, I don't think. Shawn, Mimi and Nicole were around here and there. Jennifer, Bo, Hope, Frankie were on a little bit. Friday was the day Jack popped up at the end of the show, I think. I don't think Alex, Marlena, and John were on one day last week.

Got that right.

• Members

Days actually hung onto its numbers-had everyone else not had big events going on then they would have been at like #5 in the ratings. That is pretty good considering that last week was good but not the type of thing that people other then regular viewers would tune in for. Days will definitely go up this week and probably the next 3 weeks at least for the holidays. They always do for all soaps starting this week. The first week of December is traditionally a week where soaps drop or just stand pat since people are out shopping and doing other things. This year was different since alot of the soaps had highly publicized events. Plus, there was a snow storm in some parts of the country and there may have been more people snowed in who watch ABC and CBS or something.

Just the fact that Days held on is good-I thought they would drop. Now I know for the next couple weeks they will go up and depending on the stories maybe hit the high 3's. I am very confident in my show-Days is rockin and I am sure the next few weeks will be reflecting that.

• Members

Days hitting the high 3's? I doubt it. B&B hasnt done it yet and it has had explosive events. For Days to hit the high 3's it would have to overtake B&B in the ratings or B&B would have to hit the 4's. Anything is possible but I dont see it. Unless they get Stefano back as their secrect weapon or surprise.

But you sure are confident, I will give you that. :lol:

• Members

The week before Christmas and the week in between Christmas and New Years are usually high high weeks for all soaps. OLTL, DAYS, AMC, ATWT all have a good chance to at least hitting the 3.0 mark or close to it in the next couple of weeks....

• Members

Wow lol you really do hate GL :lol: I am indifferent to it because I do not watch it but the general concensus around various boards seems to be that it isn't exactly all it could be right now....

I just hear about the incest stuff and go YUCK :huh:

• Members

Wow to those ratings, especially Friday! :o I know ATWT had a good cliffhanger that day leading into this week, which has been outstanding and Y&R had that beautiful wedding episode with musical guest Chris Botti. 4.7 (YR) is amazing these days! Poor ATWT just can't break that 2.8 ceiling they have though. And not getting my hopes up for them getting into the 3's next week because for some reason every time ATWT is at it's best the ratings don't reflect it lol. But it would be nice!

Archived