Mariah's new album!

Sylph

• Members

Sylph, I don't think she's lost her voice either, I just think she's lazy. After she flopped with Glitter and somewhat Charmbracelet, I think she's afraid to truly try and break the mold. She's regained her success, is well liked again, so she lets her team go the easy route to maintain her status. I don't think she cares about performing anymore. I miss those days when a Mariah album was a huge, huge event and everyone was talking about it. That just doesn't happen now. This will be forgotten as fast as Touch My Body.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm a huge Mariah fan, so after all the hype about Obsessed, i was quite underwhelmed. I was expecting another Migrate or Side Effects (it was a crime these two songs weren't singles). But then I found myself singing it when I least expected it. Then all of a sudden I have become absolutely OBSESSED with this song. I can't stop playing it!

I'm really excited to hear the rest of the album. I think that the "voice" will truly be back. Apparently she had her "nodules" surgically removed, which have deteriorated her voice for the last 10 years. But it was truly at its worst during the last era. She could barely sing Touch My Body. reportedly, LA Reid told her to get them removed in August when she did Jimmy Kimmel and I've definitely noticed that her voice has been a lot stronger from live performances in the last couple months. For christ sake, she can even belt now.

• Members

I've heard the album quite a few times all the way through, didn't care for it, and apparently the audience didn't either. It fizzled really fast commercially, especially when compared to her previous offering.

I don't necessarily hate Mariah to her core, I hate her public persona and how obsessed she seems to be with things like #1 singles, butterflies, ponies, raindows, and all that 10 year old girly stuff. I think she had the mental capacity of a 10 year old. :mellow:

• Members

Music Box and Daydream, both are diamond certified albums that shipped 10 million in the US. In terms of sales scanned, both actually scanned a bit over 7 million, though I think in the US Daydream scanned a few thousand more than Music Box. Though, worldwide, Music Box is by far her most successful album.

Her self-titled debut album is next, receiving a certification of 9x platinum in the US, meaning it shipped 9 million.

• Members
Was this before or after Hero 2009?

Hero 2009 makes me want to cry, because she can no longer sing and she's still doing that whispery stuff.

The rap/R&B-ish crap that she's doing is really dated. It would be different if she were A.C. and singing ballads like "Always Be My Baby." But she still considers herself some spring chicken. I'd love to see her go the Kylie/Madonna route(as much as I hate her) with more dance-able, electronic stuff.

The Walter stuff makes me very excited either way. His ballads are so dramatic and beautiful. I can't wait! Her ballad from the last album, "I Wish You Well" was probably the best song from that album. But I often wonder, given what songs she and Sony chose for her Ballads compilation, what she considers a "ballad." Songs like "Vanishing," "Till The End of Time," and both of her "hidden tracks" from Music Box ("Do You Think of Me" and "Everything Fades Away") should have been on that compilation, as well as others.

Archived