Y&R: Mary Jane Benson

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She did, but not for too long. Didn't she just go to LA to flee her stalker in the first place and her stint on Y&R ended after a good year!?

Evans was also not the first Patty, on WOST there used be an episode with Lilibet Stern (?)...

That said; I've never seen any of the early Patty Williams years.

• Members

Cat... Andrea Evans played her for two years. Lilibet Stern played her for 4. I don't know why they hired a new actress to play a "flashback"? They could have just used the actual flashback footage of Stern, it CERTAINLY would have been cheaper! They wouldn't be able to use any Jack footage, with the whole Terry Lester thing, but they could have found some footage of Stern and Doug Davidson, or Carolyn Conwell at the very least.

• Members

I imagine if they're showing Patty flashbacks they must involve her past with Jack. Does that mean we'll be seeing young versions of Jack and possibly Mary and Paul? If Terry Lester wasn't playing Jack they could've just shown flashbacks with Andrea Evans. I say her, because I believe she was playing Patty when she shot Jack. They'd probably want to highlight that note. Still, on a soap like this, I hated recreated flashbacks. You know they won't even attempt to capture the time period.

Now that we know she's Patty, I hope they establish what happened in her life to cause this hatred for Jack. I have her exit on DVD and Patty and Jack made up before she left. She was over him. What changed so many years later?

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Jun 10 2009, 02:42 PM)
I imagine if they're showing Patty flashbacks they must involve her past with Jack. Does that mean we'll be seeing young versions of Jack and possibly Mary and Paul? If Terry Lester wasn't playing Jack they could've just shown flashbacks with Andrea Evans. I say her, because I believe she was playing Patty when she shot Jack. They'd probably want to highlight that note. Still, on a soap like this, I hated recreated flashbacks. You know they won't even attempt to capture the time period.

Now that we know she's Patty, I hope they establish what happened in her life to cause this hatred for Jack. I have her exit on DVD and Patty and Jack made up before she left. She was over him. What changed so many years later?

My guess is the opposite. My guess is that we might see Patty after she has left Genoa City...begin to fill in the blanks.

• Members

Well, the competition is... Tough. I mean, every day we have like fifty new possible storylines written for us in as much detail as possible in weekly threads, it's just hard to remember who said what.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Jun 10 2009, 02:42 PM)

We may just get the same non-motivations given with Adam going crazy. She's crazy because this moves the story forward.

I hope they aren't keeping her around only to be unhinged, or to make Phyllis look less unhinged. The character can be far more to Y&R than a foil to Sharon and Phyllis.

• Members

Well, the canvas is over-stuffed.

But between Haiduk's skills, the tragic backstory, and the "insanity defense", Mary Jane has more potential than many.

Plus, we clearly have a writing team that likes writing for these baddies. That, alone, will be an incentive to extend her life on the show. But who knows?

• Members

I recall that Evans succeeded Stern as Patty pretty quickly (if not just plain immediately), so she was an extension of those early years. This was during a three year break from OLTL in the early 80's, and several years before the stalker issue came about - which I think was around 1989. Evans left OLTL again in early 1990, replaced a few months later by Karen Witter.

• Members

If this show didn't have budget issues I would suggest bringing on Diane Jenkins. I would make sense that Patty would hate her since she was the one Jack was having an affair with when she lost her baby. Maybe they could even bring in Kyle. I'm sick of seeing Jack raise Newmans and not his own children.

Archived