DAYS: Exclusive Interview with former castmember Barry Cutler

• Members

Barry Cutler appeared on "Days" from 1995-1996 as Parrot Man, one of the most unique characters ever on "Days". Parrot Man was one of many strange characters introduced during "Days" Aremid storyline. He recently agreed to do an interview for my website. See how Barry got his "Days" role, what the plans were for the Aremid gang, and see what he's up to now. http://www.jason47.com

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Parrot Man was one of my favorite Aremid characters! In fact, I loved that whole storyline and everyone in it. It was a silly attempt at goth, but I loved it. The talking paintings, the woman in white, Tony shooting himself after Jenn and Peter's wedding. *sigh* And I loved Kristi McDaniel(Sarah, who I will always believe was the precursor to Theresa Lopez-Fitzgerald on Passions) and wished they had her do something other than play opposite Mark Valley. She wasn't in Reilly's plan, but I wish they would have kept her on DAYS after the spinoff plans fell through. Sarah/Eric would have been great together.

Damn you Melissa Reeves for f*&king Jason Brooks and screwing us out of that spinoff. We could have avoided Passions and maybe even Sunset Beach.

Quick ETA: Culter's a little mistaken though. The numbers went up during the Demonic Possession story and stayed up during Aremid, but they didn't go up as a direct result of that story. The story helped DAYS stay solid.

And thanks for the interview Jason. :D

• Members

I think the spin off didn't happened because JER wanted to own it and Corday said no chance in hell. Something like that must have happened, so JER packed up and said f*** you to Corday by leaving to create Passions.

• Administrator

Thanks, Jason!

I loved Parrot Man too. He was another unique and fun creation of Jim Reilly's that stood out. Aremid was by far one of JER's best longterm stories. So many awesome things happened.

I had a huge crush on Kristi McDaniel. :wub: She and Mark Valley had a lot of chemistry, and I wish she kept her on too.

• Members

I thought the spinoff would be a joint venture between NBC and Corday? I specifically remember reading that early on(prior to Missy leaving) that the project would be a joint venture between Corday/NBC. Even *IF* Reilly wanted no part of the spinoff because of ownership issues, why didn't Corday just greenlight the damn thing anyway and get someone else to HW(leaving Reilly's name, as a creator and story consultant in the credits)? Corday was stupid for not edging out Reilly and attempting to capitalize on the show's ratings success(much in the same way Riche screwed Labine over by offering up PC as a cheaper, network-owned friendly alternative to Labine's Heart and Soul).

I specifically remember you saying on another MB years ago(not this one) that Reilly specifically sought out McDaniel for the role of Charity on Passions. Is that still the case or was that just one of those rumors?

• Administrator

Thank you so much, Jason! It was so great seeing Kristi again, and she still looks so freakin beautiful. :wub: I wish she was back on my tv screen. If I'm ever in LA, I'm so going to that boutique.....maybe with a picture of Kristi so she can sign it. LOL

Archived