Wesley Eure (ex-Mike Horton, DAYS) comes out

• Members

Afterelton interviewed him. He was Mike Horton for most of the 70s and early 80s. He was in a relationship with Richard Chamberlin for some of that time. He said he was later told the reason he was fired from DAYS was because of his homosexuality.

http://www.afterelton.com/people/2009/6/wesleyeure

Was he the Mike who had the sexual confusion story (cleared up when Mike slept with Trish)?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes he was the one that doubted his sexuality. He slept with Linda Anderson (played by Margaret Mason) to clear up his confusion. He was either dating Trish at the time or getting ready to start dating her. Linda was an older woman. She was the secretary for Mickey Horton, the man Mike believed to be his father at the time.

• Members

ICAM!!

Sci-Fi was running a Land of the Lost marathon last week one day, and they'll be doing one again soon in celebration of the new movie, too, and GOOD GOD. He was way hot on Finders Keepers, but even hotter then. Good for him, though. And he was with Father Ralph de Briccasart/Dr. Kildare, too? Two times the hotness.

I find it interesting that he picked now, when there's a little renewed interest in him because of the new movie, to come out.

• Members

Thanks. It's always interesting the range of sexuality DAYS explored in the 70s (and then they had the aborted attempted at a bisexual story involving Juile's neighbors).

I don't think I've ever seen any of Eure's work, but I knew he had some fans here, so I'm glad if people enjoyed the interview.

• Members

Was Bell still forced to provide story outlines to DAYS in 1977? I can't remember.

Eric was the guy who raped Susan in the park and then she fell for his brother (played by Peter Brown?) and the brother found out the truth when Eric wrote a book detailing his time with a woman, which matched up to the story Susan told about the park. Is that right?

The show seemed to specialize in the psychosexual stories for most of the 70s. I wish some of that was available.

• Members

I think 1977 or 1978 was the last year he provided story outlines. It was pretty much during the whole of Smith's tenure. Ann Marcus did not have his outlines. She was of course accused of using some of Smith's outlines to continue the stories.

There were a few of the 1970's episodes of Days up on You Tube very briefly.

It seems Sony pulls everything that goes up for Days or Y&R from the 1970s. There used to be tons of Y&R stuff up but it is almost all gone now.

I don't know why Sony worries about that. It's not like they are going to put it out on DVD or anything.

It is a shame to me all the great stuff that used to be up on You Tube. Lots of Another World stuff from the 1970's, The Doctors from the 70's, Valiant Lady from the 1950s, lots of The Secret Storm and all this stupid stuff with copyright has caused it to all be taken down. There was one guy somethign with White in his name who had tons of stuff up and got so tired of fighting with You Tube over it he removed the rest and closed his account. And so many others have followed.

Over on the Way Back Machine you have to search a long time but you can find a lot of it. Of course you can't imbed it or anything on your site, but at least you can watch it. I am not sure if the Days stuff was up long enough for Way Back to archive it or not.

I did watch some old episodes of Love Is A Many Splendored Thing over there the other day. They are the ones with Leslie Charleson and Donna Mills as sisters.

Oh well end of tangent.

• Members

I know the British soap owners took off most of that stuff as well, Eastenders, Coronation Street, Emmerdale.

The shows you mentioned, most of them are long gone or the clips which were taken down are a part of a bygone era, it's so frustrating and disappointing that they feel like they have to take that stuff down. This is the only way many people will ever get to see those classic eras.

Was the Ann Marcus era of DAYS when the ratings started to decline?

• Members

Seriously. They obviously have no plans to do anything with any of the material at all...I don't foresee any DVD releases or syndication deals or anything like that at all. There really is no reason for them to deny the public the opportunity to watch the stuff...if they want to, they can go the legit route and put those little 30-second commercials in them if they want to.

I think Granada's been sleeping on the job. This one guy has been posting Corrie episodes on the day that they air since February, and he plans to do it for as long as he can. He had done it before, but they made him delete, but he's been doing it for months now without a problem. Speaking of which, I have to catch up on Monday and Wednesday's episodes...

Also, one guy put up some older episodes. The very first episode is up, as well as one each from 1961, 1977, 1992, and 1995. Emmerdale's first ep is also up, as well as Take the High Road's first.

Oooo wow, I just got way off topic. Carry on.

• Members

There are also some Eastenders clips up, mostly of "Stax", and Danielle/Ronnie, and some from the Den and Angie era. I'm glad they're around. And as you said, some Corrie and some Emmerdale (lots of Debbie Dingle). Maybe the credit crunch going on in the UK has refocused their priorities.

I wish I had gotten to see the AW clips. I never even got to watch the AOL Video episodes because they wouldn't play for me.

Was Wesley the most popular Mike, or was Michael Weiss more popular? Which did you prefer?

Archived