I couldn't stand that Irish deadbeat Martin Fitzgerald. What kind of man leaves his wife with 5 kids to run off to Mexico with another woman? And I was so annoyed Paloma was treating him like he walked on water and Pilar was the devil because she had the nerve to dare send Paloma away where she would've been taken care of, after Martin ran off.

I couldn't stand that Irish deadbeat Martin Fitzgerald. What kind of man leaves his wife with 5 kids to run off to Mexico with another woman? And I was so annoyed Paloma was treating him like he walked on water and Pilar was the devil because she had the nerve to dare send Paloma away where she would've been taken care of, after Martin ran off.

Lets not forget said deadbeat was shacking up with his mistress at his abandoned wife's sister's villa. The absolute worst intro of a character ever!

Why should we have ever embraced this character. After all we had been told of Martin, they chose to introduce him the worst way possible? When the audience begins to root for Alistair Crane, there's a problem!

Edited by ChitHappens

Martin should have been introduced as a man who physically looks (bearded and emotionally damaged) as if he had been on the run for years. There was so much to write. Instead, slime? The story began and ended upon his entrance. Terrible!

I am late in finding this thread, but I was a big Passions fan early in its run. As others have previously discussed, I was quite disappointed that Shuis didn't end up together after all the focus of "fate" regarding couples including them. It made no sense to me that Sheridan was actually wanting to be with Antonio in the end.

I am wondering if anything ever came of Faith? Did she ever return to the series? I know when she died there were always thoughts she would return at some point but it never happened.

While I hated Luis I thought he was better with Fancy and EH hid alot of GG's acting tics. And from being on the Passions message board that last year I can tell you Lancy had a pretty substantial fanbase at the end.

I actually did like Lancy, although I wasn't watching regularly at that time. I just didn't like the series ending with Sheridan/Antonio ending up together. It didn't make sense to me.