14 hours ago, juppiter said:

Currently I’m in the summer. I’d totally forgotten Maureen McCormick was in this as Gwen’s mother. All I can see is Marcia, Marcia, Marcia, unfortunately. The episode I ended with tonight had Charity picking mushrooms to poison Miguel, lollll. 

You just inspired me to watch a clip of Passions with Mo McCormick in it (I have only ever seen Andrea Evans as Rebecca). It certainly brings back the whole trope about casting mothers of characters who look old enough to be the character’s siblings.

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did the original Kay leave? She was soooo good. She reminded me of young Alison Sweeney. Nobody does scheming younger women like JER.

12 minutes ago, juppiter said:

Why did the original Kay leave? She was soooo good. She reminded me of young Alison Sweeney. Nobody does scheming younger women like JER.

She didn't have much to do, did she? 

The second left for religious reasons.

14 hours ago, DRW50 said:

The second left for religious reasons.

Wasnt that the third one? Deanna Wright? I remember reading about it..

The actresses who played Kay tend to blur together for me. 

Taylor

Gina

Deanna

Heidi

Please register in order to view this content

23 hours ago, DRW50 said:

(Mountz) didn't have much to do, did she? 

I remember Kay spending much of the first year enviously watching Miguel and Charity. It seemed like every month Tabitha had a new way to attempt killing Charity (usually involving fire), so early Kay was just mostly there for the teen angst stuff. She'd tell her problems to Simone, fight with Jessica and dodge Reese's affections.

I wish they would just release the doc for streaming since with COVID they can’t do an in person thing. Maybe it’ll be on Peacock. I really wanna see what they came up with. 

On 5/19/2020 at 10:37 PM, amybrickwallace said:

Yup, she's also stated that on social media over the years. I'd love to know exactly what happened behind the scenes that led to the demise of Luis and Sheridan.

Yeah.
And more broadly why they turned Sheridan into ... what she became the last year which was an entire 180 from the way she was initially written.
Fans at the time thought they were destroying her character to prop up Fancy but it always struck me as backwards: they were trying to sell us Fancy to mitigate what they were doing to Sheridan's character (and by extension Luis/Sheridan)

Never ever ever understood it and you are right: there has to be a BTS story we don't know. Whoever McKW p.o.ed, she must have seriously angered them.