• Members

Some of the actors were miscast on Passions. James Hyde looked too young to be the middle-aged Sam Bennett. Richard Steinmetz would have been an appropriate choice. Hyde was more suited to be Hank. Michael Swan would have made an interesting  Martin Fitzgerald. The actress who played Rosa Andrade, the Capwells' housekeeper on Santa Barbara, would have been a more age appropriate Pilar Lopez Fitzgerald.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Robin left OLTL in February 2000 and joined Passions in October 2000.

I was surprised to see Hecuba was a recurring character for two years. My memories have her petering out fairly quickly. That said -- and this tells you all you need to know about the type of soap viewer I was in those days -- I have a vivid memory of treating Hecuba splitting Luis & Sheridan's "love noodle" as an OMG, I've got the vapors moment.

The love noodle, by the way, was from pasta served at a Harmony restaurant. If a couple ate from each end and made it to the middle without the noodle splitting, they were going to be together. 

• Members

I always thought that the family's non-hyphenate surname became a missed opportunity for humor.  Characters said their full last name so often that the audience began to think of Lopez Fitzgerald as a one name.  However, it may have been amusing if the youngest one was an Irish looking redhead ( the Latin gene was dominant in that family).  I wish they started using Theresa's full name including her married names.  Finally, it would have been funny if the family still celebrated St. Patrick's day and Pilar made an amazing corned beef and cabbage while humming Gordan Lightfoot's The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald   

• Members

As far as I'm concerned, that was a hallmark of Passions. Glacial-slow storytelling that usually went nowhere in the end. And I never missed an episode.

With nearly 20 years hindsight, though, I'm questioning why I was ever supposed to root for Theresa.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...