• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm surprised the soap blogs aren't covering the reunion. Here are some write ups I found...

Soap Opera Digest: http://www.soapoperadigest.com/photos/passions-fan-festival/

LA Weekly: http://www.laweekly.com/arts/fans-celebrate-passions-the-weirdest-soap-opera-in-the-history-of-daytime-tv-8459016

Lena Cardwell (original Simone) has finally come out of hiding! She looks good. 

Brook Kerr literally never ages. Donn Swaby on the other hand lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Members

Please register in order to view this content

Reading this early preview of Passions makes Theresa sound like a vixen.

Also, interesting to note Jason Olive’s role of Frank seems like it was meant to be bigger. It lists his character name as Frank Petito which ends up being Frank Lomax.

Edited by Riverdalefan1

• Members

I would have to say Grace and Charity.  I have always given any new soap a watch for at least the first year.  However, I remember that when I checked back in for the introduction of Paloma and the return of Martin that neither Grace nor Charity was on the show.  This was odd given that first year centered on those two characters. 

I have a hypothesis that as a writer it would be difficult to have both good and bad witches on the same show.  Once either Charity or Grace knew about their powers, which was inevitable, there wouldn't be soap plot that they couldn't immediately solve.  If murder mysteries, long lost children, and unrequited lovers could all be magically resolved there would be no dramatic tension.  So, that's my theory why all of the good witched were written out in the first few years and no other magical forces of good were ever introduced.

It does not explain the build up for the return of Martin that wound up not having any impact on the story.  Or the continuing references to Allister sexually abusing Theresa that turned me off Passions for good.