• Members

Have started watching the show and am up to episode 27. I'm not going to say it's brilliant but I am enjoying it immensely-it is very exciting and a LOT of fun. There are episodes were Tabitha and Timmy are actually hilarious and I can't help but enjoy all the wackiness. What has really struck me, however, is that the show does have moments were it clearly transcends the farcical element it is so intent on having and does pure, classic, soap opera. An example of one such scene is a 4-5min one between Ivy and Julian; I think they were discussing their marriage, their life together, what happens now... it was very well structured, very straight-soap. Of course, it was the more experienced actors playing them. For every Ivy you have Miguel, Charity, Faith/Grace.... but it's fun and I'm definitely planning to continue. Juliet Mills is a Goddess.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

If anyone keeps up with the PassionsTV on youtube, they've just posted the episodes of Ivy crashing Ethan/Theresa and Luis/Sheridan's double wedding. LOVE IT! Ivy was such a strong character. It's a shame that she fell to the backburner for the last four or five years of the show.

• Members

Yeah, Ivy was completely wasted in the last few years (I LOVED Ivy, she was definitely the Passions version of Kate Roberts). I even remember when Grace discovered what Ivy did it was almost such a non-issue. I really wonder what JER had planned. I mean, I'm glad it was addressed, but it was just not handled well at all and then Grace "died" and it was all swept under the rug.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

One of my earliest Passions memories is Ivy in a wheelchair being a bitch on wheels. A girl in middle school told me I needed to watch and that was the first character that drew me in.

You know, it's a wonder Dana Sparks has worked as much as she has. She's a TERRIBLE actress. I hated her on Falcon Crest and on Passions she only works because I find the character interesting and they aren't asking too much of her. I do wish they'd gotten a more interesting actress though.

• Members

I never realized Vicki #2 and Faith/Grace were the same! You're right, the character(s) were actually fine, but she was horrible.

She's worse. Not only is she flat, she is annoying, unable to emote and is especially grating when she tries to play sadness or fear. Which, for a heroine type of character (let alone TWO) is the kiss of death.

• Members

I'm pretty happy that Charity never really came back because she annoyed the hell out of me. Despite the fact that she was suppose to be this all powerful being she came across as so weak to me. I remember rolling my eyes at how she had to play the lead part in the play because her mother died. Grace always acted as if she loved Charity more than her own daughters.

Speaking of the Bennett daughters, I remember one Jessica always shilling out Mark cosmetics. I really hated her disgusting boyfriend Spike.

Everything on Passions went on forever.

Edited by lovely_m

• Members

Yeah, turning bratty Jessica into a drugged up hooker was awful. I hated it. Danica Stewart was TERRIBLE. Passions had some HORRIBLE recasts.

Ivy WAS in a wheelchair FOREVER. I don't even know how long. But she was hilarious as a bitch on wheels. She was extra bitter and nasty and bitchy and would always run into people or run over their feet if she hated them.