• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Does anyone know which episode is the one where Theresa and Ethan (then played by Travis Schuldt) sang a love ballad together called "Kiss Me" (which was co-penned by Lindsay Korman herself)? This would have been in spring 2000 - sometime in the first half of that year. It was so pretty - and I'd love to hear it again. I've looked on YT but can't seem to find it. Can anyone help? Thanks!!

• Members

Since seeing that clip and remembering the original NBC run of the show (I can't believe it's been almost 16 years now since it debuted. Where does the time go?), it seems like so many of the cast, many of whom stayed till the bitter end or pretty close to it - have simply vanished. I know that Justin Hartley recently joined the cast of Y&R, Galen Gehring and Eric Martsolf have been on DAYS the past few years, Eva Tamargo is in the cast of The Haves and Have Nots, and Jesse Metcalfe and Mary Elizabeth Winstead have had some primetime success, but whatever happened to people like Taylor Anne Mountz, Molly Stanton, and even veterans like Dana Sparks, Kim Ulrich, Ben Masters and Rodney Van Johnson?

Edited by amybrickwallace

• Members

Family-oriented, character writing is not the first thing that comes to mind regarding PASSIONS but I am continuing my watching (for some reason) and was pleasantly surprised by an excellent scene between Simone and Kay, where they both talked about the specific relationships they have with their parents/siblings and other members of their family. Kay, who has been largely a scheming, selfish shrew so far (not that I mind) exhibited a great vulnerability in just one scene that I think will stick with her.

Meanwhile, I just about died laughing at a comment saying that, if Faith really was that concerned about Charity, she would go to Harmony, instead of sitting around the house praying and chatting to herself. :lol: Ain't that the damn truth. The Faith/Grace actress continues to be horrid.

What an utterly delusional, nasty twit Theresa is!

Ethan's delusional too: "You're still upset because I said Theresa's name when I was sleeping?"

Frank is cute but plastic as they come.

Kay/Simone/Miguel/Reese and Charity have all been standing in the kitchen talking about going to see Grace for at least three episodes now. Lord!

• Members

You know, I was watching parts of some early eps on YT just for fun - and I had completely forgotten about that stupid bird statue. I don't even remember what was in it, or if we even saw it (it was referred to almost as much as TC's shed, now that I think of it). Does anyone else remember?

• Members

Never mind - I watched a few more clips and remembered that Chad's supposed birth documents were in that statue, which looked like a goofy wooden parrot. I laughed out loud when I saw it. It looked like something my grandparents would have brought back from their many trips around the world.

• Members

Sheridan's cottage just appeared for the first time, and it's beautiful! Gorgeous set.

Miguel tells Charity there is something he wants to do that he has never done with her before... and it is.... dancing!? Dancing. In a garage. Awkwardly. Weirdly. Charity tells Miguel she's never done it before... dancing, that is. WTF. WTF!!!

• Members

I loved all of the sets in the shows early run. They all really seemed to fit. Sheridan's cottage, the Crane mansion (before it's horrid makeovers), the Russell house, the Lopez-Fitz house, the Book Cafe, the Lobster Shack ... sigh. I still miss the potential that was Passions in it's very beginning years. I hate how it got so beyond camp.

• Members

I know what you mean. I hated when they broke up Luis and Sheridan for good and put them with other people at the end of the show (and McKenzie Westmore did, too, when someone asked her about it on Twitter). I wasn't even watching when the Vincent story and Julian's, ahem, was cut off and reattached upside down or whatever it was - the show was no longer on NBC then and was on DirecTV, which I didn't have. I did however subscribe to SOD and read all about it - and even READING it gave me the willies.

Interestingly, several years after the show ceased production for good, Tracey Ross (Eve) friended me on FB and I asked her how she felt playing that story. She said it made her VERY uncomfortable but she tried to do the best she could with it. On the upside, she enjoyed the scenes where she got to sing - but said that it is her son Bryce who really has the pipes in the family. She is a sweetheart.

• Members

I was stunned when Tabitha stopped to get gas and, for no reason whatsoever, pulled away while the hose was still in the car so gas started spilling everywhere and then lit a matchbook on fire and threw it at the gas--the station went boom! Totally random but, my God, it was the first actually evil thing Tabitha has done! Of course, it then creates some tonal discrepancies within the show... Tabitha and Timmy are constant comic relief and then, suddenly, she's a murdering psycho bitch. Ah, well. It's PASSIONS!

That is certainly true. Considering all its shortcomings, sets and a strong sense of setting/atmosphere were not part of them. In all honesty, however, I don't know if I yet see any potential because the show, as is, seems to me fully formed and following Reilly's exact vision. I almost get the sense that this is just exactly what he wants it to be (although I suspect he'll correct some casting mistakes ahem Grace/Faith). But considering I've only see 40+ episodes, who knows?