Y&R: Shocking Role Recast

• Members

Your idea is an interesting one. But logistically, I assume they had banked weeks of outlines, scripts, etc...and that it would have been just too disruptive to go back and rewrite all that.

Let's see what Muhney can do. I think he'll be very sexy. Rafe's apparent "youth" is going to be a liability, I admit.

It looks like Rafe's story is about to start cooking.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This doesn't seem like a romance to me. With or without a replacement, I think they are actively gearing up for a whodunit with Adam.

It would take a very clever, interesting writing team to make a despicable character like Adam into a viable love interest for any character(same sex or opposite). And I simply don't think that's what they want to do with this character. Especially if he decides to kill Heather.

• Members

In a world where they can turn a character's rapist into a romantic lead, I can see anything.

It would be a weird case of irony if they turned around and did something similar with a gay couple. We've been wanting the same treatment as straight couples. In the world of soaps that can be a dangerous wish.

• Members

I'm taking bets that he is not gay/bi...(Adam) is just opportunistic.

Honestly, I think he'd f*ck Zapato if it would help him in his devious plans. I think he's totally straight, but able to do just about anything (like starve himself to bones) to achieve his objectives.

• Members

Ah, JR Ewing. Funnily enough, there was something about CE that reminded me of young Larry Hagman, circa I Love Jeannie.

I would love to see a JR Ewing for the new millenium but I don't think this writing for Adam is the way to go about it. JR was a scoundrel but he did love his family and had the occasional soft spot. Adam is about to become a baby-killer and he's torturing the one person who has been unfailingly kind to him. That's not the formula for a long-term villain.

With the rumors about P3 or P4 being gay, I am hoping that we get to see a screen-test with the gay Phillip & MM's Adam. If it's P3 (Thom Bierdz) and P3's a shady character, it could be a cool dynamic.

• Members

Is that why Michael Muhney is saying on his Twitter site that he loves his new job on Y&R?

Because he gets to lie in bed naked? :lol:

Having seen this guy shirtless on VERONICA MARS, you guys are gonna enjoy the new Adam. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived