AMC: Another Recast

• Members

Andrew Astor announced on his twitter account (Yes he's only 8 LOL) that he is up for a role on All My Children.

Hey guys, I will be heading to NYC next week to audition for the role of Spike on All My Children..Wish me luck!!!!

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1839696640/nm2335338 <Recent pic of the kid.

Ummm ok, so Spike will be older than Miranda and Emma?????. Looks like AMC will do what GH did to Spencer.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Unless he is a really young looking 8 year old.... that is possible.... if not this will screw up continuity big time. I'd hate to see Lucy Merriam go. In a few years that girl could be contending for a younger actress emmy if she keeps progressing.

• Members

I was actually hoping I would find news that NotColby is being recasted LOL.. or Randi...

If they SORAS Spike, that would screw up the whole children scene. If Spike was 8, Emma, Kathy, Mimo and Little Adam would be teens???

• Members

I hate the term anyway but how in the world can Briane Moncrief not be Colby.

For one thing she is the one playing Colby - so that makes her Colby.

Second if you judge it on how long a person plays a role, what is the magic number that the person becomes the character and everyone else afterward is Not(insert characters name)

The other girl wasn't even there long enough to be forever identified with the role. If she was then I guess Alicia Minshew is NotKendall and Lee Meriwether is definitely NotRuth and Michael E. Knight is NotTad because John E. Dunn was the first adult one so is he forever Tad and Knight NotTad.

I just don't understand the term at all.

As to the subject at hand, I sure hope this is a dream and AMC is not doing this. But in the world of daytime and SORASing who knows.

Pete and Amanda were born in the same year yet Amanda is older.

I remember on GH one week back in the 70's, Tommy Hardy and Laura Webber were playing together - both the same age and the next week Laura was a teenager.

SORASing is okay when they kind of do it in order but when they age one and not another it really is so stupid and I really hate when they skip ages making some child that is younger older than another. DAys has done that several times.

• Members

How do you guys even find this stuff out? Can you search "All My Children" on Twitter or something?

I don't think the kid would be mixed up, if anything he may have been given wrong information, but I doubt it.

I was really warming up to the last Colby when Brianne came along and I resented the choice to recast, but then when I read some (true/not-so-true?) things about the last Colby, well, let the door knob hit her.

Recasts like DePaiva for Korf for example can be very jarring and hard to swallow, but I try to borrow my theatre sensibilities when accepting recasts. I like to think of soaps as one huge rep company, roles being recast and reimagined all the time. Of course we'll always have our favorites. Generally speaking, they'd all be much easier to accpet if we were always trading great actor for great actor.

Archived