The Middle: Discussion Thread

• Members

I only recently started watching thanks to reruns on Hallmark (which I can no longer count on for the rest of the year thanks to you know who-ho-ho), and I was actually pretty surprised to realize they were still making new episodes and that it's been on for so long. IDK if I'll ever get to watch the entire series, but I do enjoy it a lot. I like that it's a true old school family sitcom that isn't afraid to have 99% of its focus on be on the Hecks only. It gives me Malcolm in the Middle and Life with Derek vibes.

Oh, also. Axl is bae, and the actor and I were born three days apart

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Right. It's more a descendant of the late 60s/early 70s family sitcoms than the TGIF-style shows to which people might be more tempted to compare it. I hope it stays in reruns for quite some time and can gain more fans as time goes on.

@hsfolk IDK, sometimes Frankie can be pretty overbearing (but I mean, it is Heaton, so...).

• Members

I never cared for modern family, you can win all the awards you want, it was just annoying and you grow to hate all the characters.

loved In the Middle and going to miss it.

i really hope they stop playing the whole Sue and Sean thing and just get them together already!! I want a series finale with them getting married!!!

• Members

I don't want Sue getting married to be a series finale especially she's still 8n college and in the past she had indicated wanting to travel and explore the world.  Marriage would seem like settling for someone as one of a kind as Sue.  Plus, it would send a message that marriage is end game..amd sometimes that isn't the case with ebery9ne..hence why divorce rates are so high nowadays cause people are getting married to get married even if they haven't met the right person.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived