GL: Tom Pelphrey Returns

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Um, yay?

I like TP. But Lion Man ate the show.

I was looking forward to the last few months of GL being about reaching out to the show's golden era (early 90s) and tying it in with today. Jammy was ok when it started but its day is done and I don't need to see it replayed again. I'd much rather see some Grant Aleksander and Rick Hearst going toe-to-toe.

• Members

ain't that the truth.

Now I was reading the "rumors" that says GL is moving to another network this morning--but then seeing all the casting that is going on in the next couple of months, it seems as if the rumors don't have a whole lot of weight.

Now if they would only bring back someone worth it.

• Members

I have my doubts about the rumors, but I think even if the show does move to another network, characters like Reva probably wouldn't. I can see where they may say goodbye to her and bring closure to other stories (like bringing a few more Bauers back for the finale), and then a new show might focus more on Otalia, or (gag) Daisy, or Bill and Lizzie, or Dinah, if GT stays around.

• Members

I knew this would be happening the moment CBS cancelled GL. It's a "no duh" kind of thing. The show is, I guess, still in negotiations with other actors from other eras who have been reported to be possibly returning for the final few months, and I wish them well with that as well. I particularly NEED Holly back.

It's too bad that Tom Pelphrey would only return for the closing out of the show, and not long-term earlier. If he had, the show might not be in such trouble (although CBS would have been under-promoting and slashing budgets anyway -- they have not supported GL for a long time). Jammy, and Jonathan specifically, were ratings pullers, and I can say that even without being a big fan of them. 2006 when they were at their most prominent was a stable ratings year for the show, with year-on-year gains and getting back in the pack with the other soaps. The show started its final (on CBS, at least) ratings collapse once Jonathan left.

Pelphrey also won Emmy after Emmy and helped Kim Zimmer get her Emmy in 2006, as well as the show overall with its huge Emmy haul during that time. The future looked bright for the Light when he was on the show.

Archived