Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

No writer was listed in those credits. I wonder who was writing?

Also, Alan Nourse was listed. That must have been before he was on either The Edge of Night as Roy Cameron and on As the World Turns as Otto Martin. (He later returned to The Edge of Night as Joe Pollock.)

• Members

Harding Lemay criticized some actors, like Virginia Dwyer, for editing or changing their dialogue to better reflect their characters, and then turned around and praised other actors like Constance Ford for doing the exact same thing. He found fault with certain performers like Jacqueline Courtney, for using prompts to help them remember their lines, yet didn't lambast other actors in his book who had more difficulty remembering their lines, such as Hugh Marlowe. It comes across as personal dislike dictating whom he would criticize.

• Members

From what I read, Dwyer's changes weren't meant to better reflect her character, rather to make the lines more simplistic. From what I read, her suggested changes would essentially negate Lemay's intended subtext. No doubt, thought, that Lemay and Rauch played faves. Hugh Marlowe was horribly wooden, yet was never fired.

• Members

These clips show the brilliance of the Rachel/Alice relationship. The show cast against type. Courtney is very cool, very collected, while Strasser is a bundle of energy and vulnerability. On many shows Rachel would have been the ingenue and Alice would have been the bitch. You can also see how difficult it must have been to keep this going once Strasser left.

• Members

I think they broke up when he learned she was passing Jamie off as his when he was Steve's son. Ted was someone she got involved with when she couldn't have Steve, someone who genuinely loved her and made her happy, but she was still hung up on Steve. Then Steve got with her to give their child a name, or whatever.

Groom seems to have a lot of personality. I haven't ever cared for most of what I've seen of David Bailey in the role.