Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

In earlier posts, folks were discussing Victoria Wyndham's work as Rachel. Not sure how many remember when she played "bad" Rachel -- but oh, she was SO good at being bad. In my opinion, Wyndham's Rachel was far more threatening than Robin Strasser's. I'm not suggesting she's a better actress, but just saying she played the role in a more serious and threatening manner. Stasser's Rachel was more similar to Erica Kane -- a bad girl, but fairly harmless, played with a dose of humor. There was little humor in VW's early years as Rachel. I think we got to know Rachel's motivations more clearly, with VW in the role. We even started to like her. But, VW's Rachel was a dangerous woman at times. And I loved the way she would "hiss" the name Alice like a snake. Such hatred.

• Members

A classic VW "bad" Rachel scene is available on YouTube. I believe it is one of Jacquie Courtney's Emmy reels. Check it out -- you get to see VW versus JC at their very best. Sorry, I don't have the link, but it shouldn't be hard to find. Wyndham, Courtney, and Dailey are at their best -- of course, supported by the great writing of Harding Lemay.