Another World

• Members

That's true, too.

Granted, I tend to favor Marland, but what I have seen of the Dobsons' work on GUIDING LIGHT was/is nothing short of outstanding. The pre-Long/post-Marland period aside, GL enjoyed a decade or so (1975-85) of true excellence. :)

Didn't Marland quit GH because, among other things, he didn't wish to relocate to L.A.? It seems to me that Gloria Monty would have canned him for that alone.

Also, I tend to think the Dobsons would have left GUIDING LIGHT anyway since P&G transferred them to AS THE WORLD TURNS.

Chris Rich's behavior toward Laura Malone doesn't surprise me. To me, he's always come across as a smarmy jackass.

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

About the 1995 episode - that woman with Cass was Laurie Michaels, wasn't she? What was her initial story supposed to be? I know she ended up losing her son and sued the hospital and tried to kill people, or something.

Vicky seems to have so much personality here, which was kind of missing after JFP took over.

I liked Jake and Vicky well enough as a couple but I enjoy their friendship here.

Wow Paulina moved on from Jake very quickly.

• Members

I loved Anna Holbrook and Sharlene, and Anna richly deserved her Emmy (even though the storyline she won it for was horrible).

Speaking of red carpets, Anna Stuart was at the Independent Spirit Awards last night. I swore that was her at Harvey Weinstein's table, but the camera never lingered long enough for me to be sure. Turns out, she was there -- looking as beautiful as ever -- and judging by this photo, it may have been as James Cromwells' date:

http://www.contactmusic.com/photo/anna-stuart-and-james-cromwell-27th-annual-independent-spirit-awards_3751167