Another World

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's annoying that she never got to be Mindy or Tina.

Paulina was an exhausting character to watch when Judi played her, at least in the last few years. The first few years I've seen of her she seems a little bland. The later stuff was superbly acted but I felt like they got so far from the initial concept of the character. At least Culliton brought back her old foster sister and had her return to her old haunts, to remind viewers of the painful life she'd had.

• Members

Frankly, those of us not old enough to remember anything prior to 1993 appreciate your input, Carl. But anyone else who was around for the rest, I'd LOVE to hear more as well.

RE: the 1999 episodes being put up, for some reason my mind just went completely blank on the whole Lumina storyline. It sounds like a vaguely more adult rip-off of a DAYS storyline of the era, but it's in this weird period where it's JUST too soon to have a lot of info on it online, and not early enough that people would be nostalgic over it, so i really can't judge. What was the whole point of it, and how far did they get into this Lumina stuff before the show ended?

• Members

He looked good in the premiere photos I've seen.

As for Lumina, initially the story seemed focused on Rachel, then shifted to Amanda. I'm not sure how much it was cut short for cancellation. In the story, Amanda looked like Jordan Stark's old love, so he broke up Amanda's relationship with Cameron. He planned to suck Amanda back into time, or something. This was foiled because of Cameron's love for Amanda, and Jordan's host body - David Halliday - was left behind. David was a huckster salesman from Oklahoma, I think. I do wonder what their plans would have been for David if the show had continued. They may have done an is-he-isn't-he with David and Jordan.