Another World

• Members

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVF_ItAp7PQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OniKrKjvNk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv9ctN_OKJ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7Q9qprzHLY

Thank you for letting me know about this, sungrey. It turns out there are several other episodes I never even noticed saynotoursoap uploaded, as something went wrong with my subscription thing.

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks for the heads up on this classic Christmas episode. Wow another time of transition though. Not one of my favorite eras for sure. What did you think?

Steve Frame and Rachel living in Mac's house was a huge bone of contention for me not to mention how by then David Canary's Steve was so watered down and boring. When he first arrived he was good, but by this point, not so much.

The Matthews were almost done by the New Year. Susan was leaving again, Pat, Russ and Alice were gone. Sad.

The direction was interesting too. David Canary seemed to be forgetting his lines and did you catch Larry Ewing calling Jamie Sandy? Weird!

All in all, what a treat though! I wish Blaine and Cecile were in the episode though.

• Members

It was definitely a time of transition. Was this after Corinne Jacker was gone? Was this when Purser had taken over?

Is it me or were they very blatantly building up Rachel/Mac again? Steve felt like an outsider. I know he'd be killed within a few months of this. Rachel and Mac had such amazing chemistry, whether fighting, or being friends.

I must say I also liked the chemistry between Elena and Mac. I'm sorry that they didn't seem to know what to do with her.

Clarice and Larry were such a normal, believable, likeable couple. I liked the moment where they agreed Henrietta and Quinn would stay and he joked that if he wanted it then it had to be right.

I am always happy to see more of Henrietta. Michelle Shay is such a unique actress and also very beautiful. I'm sorry the show didn't hold onto her, or to Quinn. I do find all this "They both lost the man they loved" stuff to be kind of strange - I don't know if they would be so chummy right after Bob died.

I was shocked at Steve in that house, even if it was technically Rachel's. It just didn't seem right at all.

I was glad to see more of Lynn Milgrim, as I remember during her awful ATWT days Michael Logan said she'd been a "soap queen" on AW. That made me think she had a larger role than she really did. I liked seeing more of Julia too. Too bad Kyra Sedgwick didn't stay around.

I loved the scenes with Jamie and Rachel when they were talking about how important he was to Mac.

It's funny - from the first time I saw AW, I felt a connection, even though I knew very little about it, and it wasn't a great period for the show. Through the tapes, and DVDs, and Youtube, and the few years on Soapnet, that has continued. My love for this show never seems to fade. I think it's the characters. Some of the richest, most believable, most fascinating characters ever on television.

• Members

I suspect you're right about the writer during this time but I'd have to look it up to be sure.

I loved the chemistry between Richard Bekins Jamie and Rachel. They were the best together no matter what the emotions. Jamie was so well written and acted. I wonder how much influence the actor had because even when the show's writing was bad, Richard Bekins could pull it off and be believable as Jamie. I also loved how torn he felt between Mac and Steve.

It's interesting you see Steve as the outsider as well. It's weird because Mac was the outsider once Steve came back. That's why Liz and everyone showed up at his apartment. Little did we know, Steve would be dead in a few months and Mac would be back with Rachel.

I never saw Lynn Milgrim as a soap queen when she played Susan. I wasn't impressed. Was she on another show before AW?

I think you hit the nail on the head with the richest most believable characters. Henrietta and Clarice were so normal and realistic. That's why they didn't fit in during the later years when Cass, Felicia and Love's came to the forefront. It was sad. I love Gail Brown's Clarice. She could be ditzy, sympathetic, but never dumb. Just not worldly educated. There was also something about Larry that I liked. Not a great actor, but the two of them together were a perfect couple you rooted for no matter what.

• Members

Mac's death

Who Shot Jake?

Ryan's Death

Unfortunately I have no memories of AW from before the SoapNet run as oddly enough that is around the time I started watching it in real time. I knew who Mac and Rachel were though before that point, so I bet I saw it earlier, but would have no idea what to include before 1987 except for a day from the 1986 island story. I received a VHS tape of that from a friend who for some unknown reason recorded a few episodes of that plot even though she didn't watch AW before or after that time.

• Members

Weddings:

Lenore/Walter (also very early Steve Frame)

Blaine/Sandy and Rachel/Mac double wedding

Grant/Vicky

Cass/Kathleen

Ryan and Vicky marry in Heaven

Several episodes of the 25th anniversary, ideally, the scenes which have Alice and Rachel talking about Steve.

An episode where Anne Heche had to play Vicky impersonating Marley (there were several during the time Marley fled while she was on trial for shooting Jake).

At least two episodes of the Janice poisons Mac saga. One to show her spiral into madness and Mac's illness, and another that is the knife episode which obsessive AW fans like me have already seen.

Mac/Rachel reconcile after she thinks he's with his secretary and he is jealous of Mitch (1986).

The episode where Robert Delaney destroys Iris' Mac bust and her Iris painting.

The first 90 minute episode.

Some type of bitchfest between Iris and Rachel (Bev Iris), or Mac's fury towards Iris. Or the episode where Iris learns Mac isn't her bio father, if that's available.

The episode where Mac learns Iris is the Chief.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Sylvie: I don't want to lose Dennis' affections.

Iris: If you really, really care so much about him, you'll see that he doesn't make a mess of his life.

Sylvie: I think Dennis is doing quite well. It's his mother I'm worried about.

Iris: How can you say that to me?

Sylvie: If you ever put me in a similar position... I'll say much worse.

• Members

Iris: Dennis, you are not applying to Bay State!

Dennis: Yes I am!

Iris: I told you this morning--!

Louise: Mrs. Carrington...

Iris: YOU stay out of this!

Dennis: Mom, stop talking mean to Louise!

Iris: I will not allow her to let you defy me!

Louise: That's not true!

Iris: Oh yes it is. You have always tried to come between Dennis and me!

Louise: That's not fair!