Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm liking how Aunt Liz was being used. Her loneliness and her fractured relationship with her daughter. Liz becoming close to Nicole. And becoming a partner in Nicole's business. If i'm not mistaken this was dropped after the writer's strike.
On this rewatch i've noticed the use of music in scenes. For example, Steely Dan's ''Hey Nineteen '' playing in a scene with Cheryl and John. Or Cyndi Lauper's ''Girls Just Want To Have Fun'' playing. As Cheryl and Lisa were fed up being nice girls. And decide to go on a shopping excursion to release stress. 

• Members

I liked the Liz and Nicole relationship also. 

But I’ll never understand how Liz and Rachel dropped ALL their animosity towards each other. 

That clip where Liz returns to Bay City after a year away and they HUG. Oh my. 

Was there an an actual story where they made peace?  Or did that just fall through the cracks?

We know Vicky W  still had the ability to ice out anyone she was upset with (as Rachel).  Felicia saw that after her alcoholic storyline, especially that scene during Ada’s passing.  

Maybe Vicky was happy that Irene was back, more so than Rachel should’ve been.

But, hey, I have problems with Rachel and Alice ever being civil with one another too.

A person can grow and mature and mellow but still hate an old enemy.  Emotionally, you can go RIGHT BACK THERE to when you despised them.  

I grew up with Rachel tormenting Alice.  Sweet Rachel was a bit difficult for me  

• Members

I absolutely agree. Reformed Rachel was okay. Mellowed Rachel was okay.  But sweet Rachel and heroine Rachel became ridiculous.   After all, this is the woman who purposefully sent a package of baby-clothes to Alice, just a few days after Alice's miscarriage.  Rachel ain't nobody's heroine.  And Lemay always wrote Rachel as damaged -- even after he reformed her.  And again, when he returned in '88.  It was the other writers who wrote Rachel as the sweet heroine.   

Edited by Neil Johnson

• Members

AW tidbits

Back in March 71 an ad in Variety for a 15 week acting class conducted by Constance Ford at Carnegie Hall beginning March 1.

The 3pm timeslot competition was fierce

Nov 78

GL#1 8.3/30

GH #7 7.1/25

AW# 8 6.6/22

How the mighty have fallen- in October 79 AW was beaten in the ratings by The Doctors and fell out of the Top 10 with a rating below 6.5.

Edited by Paul Raven