Another World

• Members

I know the AWHP synopses refer to Marley being in a coma after a car accident the week of October 29,  but I am pretty certain she wasn't in a coma. The car accident was on Hallowe'en and on November 1st Marley is apparently fully conscious and inviting Ben to dinner. Mark Singleton was in a coma somewhere around that time though. 

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Your synopsis of Nancy in 1985 is 100% correct.  Nancy was buying drugs at a disco and taking them.  Larry Ewing even went undercover with the drug dealers in the Summer 1985 storyline which was clearly a Miami Vice ripoff.

They did talk about Pammy returning in 1988.  I wonder if Harding Lemay changed this to Iris when he was rehired as headwriter.  Jason Frame's two daughters were changed to Sharlene Frame and Josie Watts.  I am sure that Lemay did make this switch.

Judi Evans Luciano could have been a Nancy recast in 1991 rather than recasting her as Paulina.  You are correct, all the Paulina storylines could have been Nancy's stories.  I'm sure Nancy would not have liked Rachel marrying Carl.  Also, when Joe Carlino was introduced they made it a point to say he dated Nancy in high school, so it definitely could have worked by bringing Nancy back.

• Members

Sally was always significantly older than Nancy. Even though the characters were created around the same era, Nancy was born onscreen in 1974 while Sally was adopted (why, when it appears she had Gordon relatives who would have wanted to raise her, is unclear) about age 11 in 1975. 

When they aged Amanda in 1987 they had already had a 14-ish Matthew for the Mitch storyline, but Amanda didn't really get a teenage cohort like Marley and Nancy. She was friends with Julie Anne Edwards and I think they were supposed to be the same age but since Julie Anne was also working at Cory Publishing they didn't read as teens. 

• Members

I always wondered whether the name of the disco was a rewrite or an intentional misdirection. Leading up to the story the clue linking people (Willa from Catlin's past, Larry's babysitter Dale) to drugs were pens branded the Plains Motel, which subsequently turned out to be the name of the disco. I can understand why a motel would have pens. It seems odd that a disco would have had pens rather than, say, matches. 

• Members

It's me on my hobby horse again. Another of Eddie Drueding's uploads with the end of Mallorca includes the full version of the song When starting at about 2:10. Still no luck finding who wrote it or performed it. 

Also of course Cass calling Cecile a bitch! 

Edited by Xanthe

• Members

Saw the original Sharlene, Lemay muse Laurie Heineman, today in Save the Tiger with Jack Lemmon (along with DS alumni Lara Parker and Thayer David). She's brilliant as Lemmon's hippie muse who just wants "peace, harmony and to make it with Mick Jagger". I've only seen a bit of her work on the show but I wonder WEHT her.

• Members

I don't understand what you mean. Everyone knew where Steven was: he was in prison for conspiring with Gerald Davis to lie in court during Steve's divorce hearing from Rachel. While locked up, Steve got into a physical altercation and was put in solitary confinement, which meant no one could see or speak to him temporarily.