Another World

• Members

A scene like that would never air in today's climate, but it was simply delicious to see back then. Poor Russ had been bending over backwards for months, and slaving to make Rachel happy, when all she did was lie, scheme, cheat, and treat him like a doormat. She was never satisfied and complained about everything all the time. She had expressed intense jealousy that Lenore Moore had such beautiful things, including an expensive set of crystal goblets. Russ went out and spent his ENTIRE paycheck just to buy her one, and intended to add more to the set as funds permitted. Rachel snapped, "One? Just one? What am I supposed to do with just one?" And then she threw it against the wall and smashed it. She's lucky Russ only spanked her. I was LIVID with rage. 

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Pretty sure that hasn't changed. Moving on.

I wouldn't mess with Constance Ford either. Never. Love that she called them out for not acting like real people. I remember several cast members saying that she often said, "Nothing changes but the date."

Part of why Reginald didn't work is that interesting villians are multi-faceted. Reginald was very one note. He was almost a cartoon on a show that was not remotely cartoon. 

• Members

Ellen really threw the shock into my daytime world when she debuted as Vicky and loved it, but Anne really made it her own.  In real life, she may have been a little out there, but she was great in the role of Vicky/Marley.  I didn't hate Jensen, and I understood both her desire that playing both characters was alot and that Vicky had grown up and wasn't as scrappy, but Anne had both an edge and an ability to play a woman that was maturing in her 20's to money and position.

• Members

YT has really cracked down on most options to download their videos but I know I use 4k video downloader. They have limited how many you can download per 24h recently but it is better than nothing and I don't download that much so it has never bothered me much.

I think jdownloader also still works with YT but this needs to be double-checked

• Members

Thanks for the heads up! The reuploads included Catlin and Sally's wedding and their theme song "When" is indeed the song that is playing in the background when they break out the portable stereo. (I tried to see if Shazam had any information about it but of course there were no results found.) I'm not really that fond of the version with vocals. I have a sentimental attachment to the piano version because I loved them as a couple and hearing the theme reminds me of me of that period of the show and my enjoyment of it. I had hoped that I could use lyrics to google more info about the song but although this clip includes some, no such luck.