Another World

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Nancy Wickwire is one of the actors.  She played Liz Matthews after Audra Lindley left the show, and she certainly resembles Lindley in this film.  Wickwire has been rumored to have been Connie Ford's partner.  And it has long been speculated the character Nancy McGowen was named after Wickwire, who had been ill and passed-away just a few days after Ada's baby was born.    

• Members

I'm trying to find more information about the music that was used as Catlin and Sally's theme in 1984. Who wrote it and who sang it? 

It's the piano music playing behind the scene below. Based on the information on the AWHP, I believe its title was "When". And I believe (but have not been able to find) that there is a scene with Catlin and Sally dancing to the full version with vocals. 

http://www.anotherworldhomepage.com/music.html

• Members

From April 26, 1985

Please register in order to view this content

Rachel and Peter ?!?

Now that was a long forgotten thread.  It seems like an attempt to keep Rachel and Mac in the mix with the Love Family.  However, it really makes Rachel quite a cougar considering that Peter dated Sally and Cecile the prior year.

• Members

This was during the time that Alice was Rachel's doctor, and all their past history was brought up.  If TPTB were wise they would have had Alice start dating Mac again as a plot device.  Instead, TPTB clearly had no idea what they were doing and fired Jacqueline Courtney.

• Members

I watched Another World from 1976 - 1999.  1984 was one of my favourite years of the show. The headwriters were Gary Tomlin and Richard Culliton and in my opinion the show was never written as well again after they left.  I also don't agree with the criticism of how Alice was written in 1984.  However, 1985 was a big pile of poo.