Another World

• Members

Although for the most part I was done with AW by the time they ended, I was never really that invested in the character of Lila.  She was no Vicky or Cecile, although I understand having Lisa Peluso was an attempt I am guessing on bringing new eyes to the show.  Another "bi$%h that goes from conniving to a heroine is always a good plot line, but I guess I wasn't invested by this point.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think they mean that the gap about the style of soap and the kind of writing between AW and SB was larger than, say, between AW and Y&R on one hand, or SB and Days of Our Lives for instance.
Which holds, although obviously thankfully soaps usually have a distinct identity (although late 90s AW's crime/medicine/fantastical-plot-by-an-archvillain formula felt very General Hospital by the end)

• Members

Thinking the same thing.  I don't understand what that comment meant.  We know they are completley different soaps.  Costner thinks SB is better than AW in his experience.  I am thinking there was a lot less drama and control also on SB than AW during his time he spent in Brooklyn.  I heard it was not easy working for P&G and AW during the 70'.s.  

• Members

I think that it has been said before that unfortunately soaps tended to chase each other when one had a successful storyline or type of character others would develop similar hoping lighting struck twice.  Sometimes it did, but often it did not.  AW was already a pale version of itself by the time it ended, just as today's soaps are pale versions of what they once were.   

• Members

Thanks, wow I had always figured they’d at least gotten something, especially since the show was so heavy around Catlin at the time they left from what I have been reading. However Adam definitely quickly filled up Larry’s role in no time.

I think I knew that about Porter, was surprised that he came back for Mac’s funeral. Porter quit acting but before he did got cast in a second string villain role on Days to antagonize Justin and Adrienne late 89/early 90.

I suppose if Larry and Clarice had stayed any longer they both would’ve been victims of the Sin Stalker as a means to drop them.