Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Another World

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
On 3/25/2021 at 6:15 PM, DRW50 said:

Thanks for the more precise date. If you aren't on Youtube then I will try to tell them this info later.

Thank you!

On 3/27/2021 at 12:54 PM, watson71 said:

The only other thing that Corinne Jacker did well was integrate Bay City with African American characters.  While she gave them typical soap opera storylines, all of the actors were good.   By 1987, all of those actors were off the show with Quinn Harding being the last one when she was killed by the Sin Stalker.

Most of the other actors stayed for less than 2 years. I think only Henrietta, Thomasina, and Lily were around for more than 2 years and all of the men did less. Not sure whether they were on contract and were released early or if they were only recurring.

On 3/27/2021 at 2:28 PM, watson71 said:

Here is Elizabeth Franz as Belia Pirenko

I don't remember knowing Paul Hecht was the Russian, but I didn't really know of him until 1984 when I saw him in Noises Off on Broadway and then of course he was Allie's ex-husband on Kate & Allie.

5 hours ago, RavenWhitney said:

One of the worst soap themes ever.

I am happy for those who enjoyed the Crystal Gayle theme, but although I would hesitate to call it the actual worst I have to say that it didn't do anything for me and I would have preferred to keep the instrumental themes I was used to. I didn't mind the music especially but I found the lyrics dull and generic.

Speaking of themes, watching AW videos provoked YouTube to suggest someone playing the earlier 80s theme by Jonathan Segal. I had never paid attention to the composer's name but apparently he has a lot of YouTube videos up.

• Members
On 3/28/2021 at 12:17 PM, RavenWhitney said:

One of the worst soap themes ever.

It could never truly be the worst because that distinction will forever be held by Guiding Light's final theme "Only Love" with the horrible lyric

Everybody wants truth
Everybody wants hope
Everybody clings to sex like soap on a rope

• Members
13 hours ago, j swift said:

It could never truly be the worst because that distinction will forever be held by Guiding Light's final theme "Only Love" with the horrible lyric

Everybody wants truth
Everybody wants hope
Everybody clings to sex like soap on a rope

You're right.  But I put anything MAGA Ellen Wheeler did on GL in a class by itself.  In the 1980s context, the AW theme was the worst.

• Members

I can see where some might feel it didn't fit AW, but I still enjoy the song, and the credits. I can watch them over and over. I can't do that with the very dated late '90s credits that they took 80% of the cast out of...

• Members
2 hours ago, DRW50 said:

I can see where some might feel it didn't fit AW, but I still enjoy the song, and the credits. I can watch them over and over. I can't do that with the very dated late '90s credits that they took 80% of the cast out of...

I suspect that P&G was waiting to see if the show would be renewed before they updated the late 90s credits.   If it was renewed, then we probably would have gotten updated credits.