Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Another World

• Members
1 hour ago, victoria foxton said:

I agree the Blaine/Sandy/Cecile stuff was good. Don't know what to make of the Shea's. With both Loretta and Harry being killed off 3 months apart.

The only other thing that Corinne Jacker did well was integrate Bay City with African American characters.  While she gave them typical soap opera storylines, all of the actors were good.   By 1987, all of those actors were off the show with Quinn Harding being the last one when she was killed by the Sin Stalker.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
1 minute ago, AbcNbc247 said:

I don't think so.

IIRC, munecojim had uploaded pretty much all of June-December 1986. Those 1982 episodes are new though

Thanks for keeping track.

• Members
6 hours ago, DRW50 said:

Thanks for finding those, @watson71 . Seeing all the shots of the Shea family reminds me of why so many viewers may have left the show in these years. What was the point of watching when so many characters who were introduced would just end up being killed off? Harry Shea's wife was killed, then some months later he was killed. Similar to Jerry Grove's mother, to Russ' wife Tracy, her manager, Bob Morgan, on and on. It adds such a gloomy vibe to this period. 

All of these characters and convoluted storylines on the show had to be confusing to those who watched the show daily.  In one month from March to April 1982, Tom and Mitch kidnap Matthew, and Rachel tracks them down to a sailboat in San Diego. This leads to the car chase through the streets of San Diego as Rachel tries to escape with Matthew.  Meanwhile, Steve and Alice postpone their wedding so he could help Rachel in San Diego. Tom is arrested once Steve and Mitch rescue Rachel and Matthew.  The Male Panthers implicate Mitch in Matthew's kidnapping and Mitch is sent to prison. The next week, Rachel is swept off her feet by sculptor Nikolai Pirenko. Nikolai gives Rachel the smuggled writings of a comrade.

• Members
2 minutes ago, watson71 said:

All of these characters and convoluted storylines on the show had to be confusing to those who watched the show daily.  In one month from March to April 1982, Tom and Mitch kidnap Matthew, and Rachel tracks them down to a sailboat in San Diego. This leads to the car chase through the streets of San Diego as Rachel tries to escape with Matthew.  Meanwhile, Steve and Alice postpone their wedding so he could help Rachel in San Diego. Tom is arrested once Steve and Mitch rescue Rachel and Matthew.  The Male Panthers implicate Mitch in Matthew's kidnapping and Mitch is sent to prison. The next week, Rachel is swept off her feet by sculptor Nikolai Pirenko. Nikolai gives Rachel the smuggled writings of a comrade.

Eesh. 

I remember somebody put up the clips of Rachel in that sculptor story. The only part I remember is his wife.

• Members
4 minutes ago, watson71 said:

The next week, Rachel is swept off her feet by sculptor Nikolai Pirenko. Nikolai gives Rachel the smuggled writings of a comrade.

2 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

I remember somebody put up the clips of Rachel in that sculptor story. The only part I remember is his wife.

That storyline went ultimately nowhere either. I just checked the dates on AWHP. Nikolai came on April 1 and left May 14.

• Members
3 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

Eesh. 

The part of Belia Pirenko, Nikolai's wife was played by Elizabeth Franz, who would show up again in 1982 as crazy Alma Rudder, the Cory maid who helped Cecile terrorize Blaine. 

• Members
1 minute ago, watson71 said:

The part of Belia Pirenko, Nikolai's wife was played by Elizabeth Franz, who would show up again in 1982 as crazy Alma Rudder, the Cory maid who helped Cecile terrorize Blaine. 

That's the main reason I remember her, probably.

I wish the full Alma Rudder story would appear.