Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Nic also said on FB a few years back that he and John Considine were the pranksters of AW. He said they got into trouble with Paul Rauch so much it was like being called into the principal's office.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering everything he has done, I hope there is a lot of dirt and he isn't too polite. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, amybrickwallace said:

Nic also said on FB a few years back that he and John Considine were the pranksters of AW. He said they got into trouble with Paul Rauch so much it was like being called into the principal's office.

 

I had forgotten that, but yes!   Plus, I recall Nic has called Doug Watson a true gentleman a couple of times.   

 

But if Nic doesn't discuss George Reinholt and the atmosphere in the studio in 1975, I'm going to be disappointed.  Steve Frame and Robert Delany were best friends, and worked together at Frame Enterprises.  Nic probably had more scenes with Reinholt than even Jacquie Courtney.  So when Reinholt was fired, I'm confident Nic had opinions about it.   I just hope he shares those opinions, whatever they are.    

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A hardcover of Eight Years in Another World is a rare expensive find, so I wanted to share that it's available for Kindle. I just bought a cyber copy for a little under ten bucks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2021 at 8:04 PM, Neil Johnson said:

But if Nic doesn't discuss George Reinholt and the atmosphere in the studio in 1975, I'm going to be disappointed.  Steve Frame and Robert Delany were best friends, and worked together at Frame Enterprises.  Nic probably had more scenes with Reinholt than even Jacquie Courtney.  So when Reinholt was fired, I'm confident Nic had opinions about it.   I just hope he shares those opinions, whatever they are.   

 

That would be great. Nic wrote some beautiful words of tribute on FB about GR after the latter passed in 2013.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, amybrickwallace said:

 

That would be great. Nic wrote some beautiful words of tribute on FB about GR after the latter passed in 2013.

 

I didn't know that.  Nic seems to be a very positive person.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2021 at 7:26 PM, SFK said:

A hardcover of Eight Years in Another World is a rare expensive find, so I wanted to share that it's available for Kindle. I just bought a cyber copy for a little under ten bucks.

Yeah.

 

A lot of his work is available on Kindle. I've thinking about maybe buying one of his plays from there too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone who's watching the AW reunion, the building that housed the AW studio is still standing. However, it's now a self storage facility.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/01/2021 at 2:21 PM, Neil Johnson said:

Nic Coster (Robert Delany on AW) announced on Facebook a couple of days ago, that his memoir will be released very soon -- within weeks, I believe.  In an earlier FB post, a few months ago, he did promise a couple of chapters about his experiences on Another World.   He doesn't talk about AW much on FB.  But he has commented he loved working with Susan Sullivan, did not enjoy working with Beverly McKenzie, and liked Harding Lemay's writing.  He has never commented (on FB) about the actor firings of 1975, the atmosphere in the studio, or George Reinholt (with whom he shared many scenes).   I hope we get lots details in his book.   

 

Looking for information about Nic Coster's memoir, I discovered his ex-wife's: The Odyssey and The Idiocy, Marriage to an Actor, A Memoir. She is extremely bitter about their relationship and he (under the pseudonym Richard Forest) is portrayed as horrible. 

 

 So far there haven't been any mentions of Another World backstage or his costars. However there was a chapter about how Jacqueline Kennedy engaged him to teach JFK Jr to scuba dive. 

 

 
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Xanthe said:

Looking for information about Nic Coster's memoir, I discovered his ex-wife's: The Odyssey and The Idiocy, Marriage to an Actor, A Memoir. She is extremely bitter about their relationship and he (under the pseudonym Richard Forest) is portrayed as horrible. 

 

Wow, I never knew that. Yikes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, amybrickwallace said:

Wow, I never knew that. Yikes.


I know neither of these folks personally and it could very well be that he is horrible but I have been around long enough to know former romantic partners are very very rarely the best witness of someone's character. Breakups can warp people's perceptions of people and interpretation of events that until then were not problematic.
Take the gossip with a grain of salt, me says. Anybody who knows a divorced couple knows as much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FrenchBug82 said:


I know neither of these folks personally and it could very well be that he is horrible but I have been around long enough to know former romantic partners are very very rarely the best witness of someone's character. Breakups can warp people's perceptions of people and interpretation of events that until then were not problematic.
Take the gossip with a grain of salt, me says. Anybody who knows a divorced couple knows as much.

 

Absolutely. Everything is through the lens of how she has to fight him for alimony while he's making good money. And to be clear, the "horrible" behavior in the flashbacks of the marriage is generally selfishness and lack of consideration. 

 

Coster and his wife were in this Geritol commercial:

 

 

Edited by Xanthe
Link to post
Share on other sites

"My wife. I think I'll keep her."

 

That, along with "I'm Cheryl -- Fly me!," has to be one of the most misogynistic ad campaigns ever.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Tell a friend

    Love Soap Opera Network Community? Tell a friend!
  • Posts

    • The easy guess is that his record label owned the rights to the song/master tape, hence could license it to ABC. If there's money to be paid, then corporations are going to go after it. I'm sure Cross got paid in royalities, but maybe didn't receive a direct check from ABC.   Plus, his label were likely glad to get the exposure, but I can imagine that his management (and himself) wasn't thrilled with the idea of him becoming some singer best known for putting out songs about fictional characters after Arthur's Theme (ironically, it was his last hit single).
    • @Taoboi Some workplaces were giving two days off for vaccination side effects.
    • Tsitsipas and Rublev... Zzzzzzzzzz   In other news...look who's playing Paris    
    • Hahahahaha!!! You did not!!!   Good to hear you are well, Vee.   Looks like I'll be forced to work partially for Shot 2 Day. Those will be cameo appearances and no lie...sick or not I will be a bitch. Moreso since a day delay is better than what the actual post office is doing with people's mail currently in our area (though it has thankfully started to go back to notice post-He Who Shall Not Be Named).
    • It's a strange thing to bring up 40 years later lol.  There has to be more to the story.  Maybe he didn't get paid, but GH's use of it helped it become popular, therefore helped record sales.  Idk, it seems like the actual use of it on GH and the popularity and eventual record sales would be worth more than royalties from a soap opera?  I guess ideally he'd get both, but GH certainly doesn't have the money to pay him now lol
  • Recent Status Updates

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy