1 hour ago, Neil Johnson said:

He was definitely mentioned sometime between '73 and '75.  I was watching, and I believe it was Pat who brought up his name to either Mary or Alice.   So it is possible the memory I have is the mention in '75 that was listed by the AWHP.  Mike did tell me the information was found by reading scripts.  But he was not aware of any details.   Typically, they note things like this in the daily synopsis, but not this time.  That makes me wonder how they even remembered it, when they posted it.   

And a correction -- the date listed on the AWHP is May 9, 1975.  I mentioned May 19 in my earlier post.  

I don't remember anything about Uncle Dru being mentioned in 1975, and I watched religiously until the summer when Susan Harney appeared and I realized the show had fired Jacqueline Courtney. I switched over to watching other shows full-time, and only recorded AW to FF through later. I do wish I could remember, however. Alas, after 45 years, memories do fade.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, amybrickwallace said:

How long did Linda Borgeson last on AW? I've seen next to nothing of her on YT. I take it she had no chemistry with either DW or DC?

About a year. From September 81 to September 82

2 hours ago, amybrickwallace said:

How long did Linda Borgeson last on AW? I've seen next to nothing of her on YT. I take it she had no chemistry with either DW or DC?

Borgenson was as limp and lifeless as a wet noodle and had no chemistry with anyone. God knows how she was ever cast. The only worse Alice was Wesley Pfenning. Thank God the show finally wised up and brought Jacqueline Courtney back, even though they even screwed THAT up after just a year.

Has anyone else noticed that large blocks of AW episodes that were posted to YouTube have suddenly disappeared, especially those episodes from the early 80s?   Wonder why they were deleted after being there for years?

There is an ongoing purge of non-original content and especially old TV/soaps from YouTube, which I suspect is not being driven by the rights-holders.

Edited by Vee
On 12/1/2020 at 9:31 PM, watson71 said:

Has anyone else noticed that large blocks of AW episodes that were posted to YouTube have suddenly disappeared, especially those episodes from the early 80s?   Wonder why they were deleted after being there for years?

I found a playlist that managed to survive the purge. It has most of the 1980-1981 episodes that were posted. 

2 minutes ago, AbcNbc247 said:

He had sort of a "Joaquin Phoenix in Joker" style at that time lol

That makes me laugh. He really did.

3 hours ago, Khan said:

A triangle involving Mac, Alice and Steve will never make sense to me.

I think a pairing could have worked with Jacquie and Douglass, but a triangle with Steve or a quad with Rachel is one of those "soapy" ideas that is better off left to fan fiction.

5 hours ago, Khan said:

A triangle involving Mac, Alice and Steve will never make sense to me.

I wasn't crazy about seeing Alice with Mac (it seemed too predictable), but they had to attach her to the show's leading man in order to raise the stakes of Steve's return.  It Alice had been engaged to a less important male character, the break-up and her return to Steve wouldn't have had any real consequence, and would have been a "B" storyline.  It really needed to be the "A" storyline.   

Edited by Neil Johnson