Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I can still remember watching when they introduced Vicky meeting up with Jake and they start kissing and it was like what?!?  Had no idea that was coming.  A great soap opera surprise.  Does anyone remember if there were any hints or leaks that this was coming?  Or what storyline shockers really surprised you?

• Members

Would anyone care to speculate on why TPTB did not ask Carmen Duncan to use an American accent, while playing Iris?  It's not as if it cannot be done.  Barbara Bejer (an American) played Bridget with a Scottish accent for more years than Duncan was on the show. And Brian Murray (a South African, who normally spoke with a very noticeable South African accent) used an American accent while playing Dan Shearer in 1978-79.   So why not Duncan?   

• Members

That was a great reveal because they kind of sort of played it as if it could be Marley uncharacteristically sneaking into Jake's room and took a couple of scenes before they confirmed that it was Marley's hitherto unsuspected sister. Perry's sudden death was also very shocking. I don't recall Marley's twin being hinted at in the press (obviously no casting announcements required) and it wasn't clear what Bridget and Jake were really up to beyond the fact that they were interested in Marley.

I liked the fact that they introduced the secret twin before Marley knew Donna was her mother, and that Victoria also had not known the full story but found out about the stableboy before Marley. I understand why they had Marley suddenly get sick and need bone marrow because it forced both Donna and Victoria to make quick decisions with high stakes, but the speed with which they went from Perry's funeral to Marley's illness was staggering.

• Members

I've thought that it may have had to do with Joy Bell's Caroline Stafford, who arrived about a month before Iris' return. My guess is that Lemay planned to reveal that Iris had been living in Australia and that Caroline was her daughter. Evan (Bates) Frame was lovers with both Iris and Caroline, so there was potential there for a juicy triangle.

• Members

Which run are we talking about, Bev's or Carmen's? If it's the former, I've heard it said that the Iris and Alex Wheeler storyline wasn't that great (wasn't it intended as TEXAS' initial marquee storyline?). If it's the latter, @j swift was talking not too long ago about the oddity of Iris falling for everyday kinda guy Hank Kent (which I think was her last story before the mess with Carl).