Another World

• Members

Based on what occurred on AW and soaps in general in the 80's/90's I could see Virginia Dwyer being seen occasionally as Alice's mother, without much recognition that she was once the lead matriach.

Steve/Alice would break up several times as Mac/Rachel did.I'm sure the writers would have had Rachel get involved with Steve again and would have gone further with Mac and Alice involved (possibly married),

That would mean that Rachel/Alice were always at loggerheads . 

Iris staying on might have meant a greater role for Dennis. Cecile could be involved . Jamie v Dennis could create conflict.

With Iris around maybe Felicia and Donna may not have been introduced?

Sally may have not been killed off but I can still see it happening as Alice becomes more isolated . Maybe Steve would have along lost child-that was often a go to for long established characters.

Or kill off Russ so his previously unknown child could turn up to be mothered by Alice.

A lot of possibilities...

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't think we would have seen the Love's as would there be a need for a third wealthy family and not another patriarch like Reginald.  And although they had overlapped them later, I don't know that the need for another society snob like Donna would have been created with Iris still front and center.

• Members

I've wondered if perhaps the relationship between Alice and Rachel would have evolved into something similar to that of Vicky and Dorian on OLTL, but perhaps a bit more subdued, because neither were as volatile as Dorian.  They both could have been in their own corners of the show, having their own storylines, but at least some sparks would fly whenever they happened to be in the same scene.

I also would have liked Steve and Alice to evolve in to something similar to Nikki and Victor on Y&R.  Many break-ups and reunions over the years, but still the endgame was for them to be together.   

And if all those major cast members had stayed with the show, we probably would never have seen Miranda Bishop and her clan, the Love family, the McKinnons, Cass, Felicia, and their surrounding characters.   And I certainly hope the writers would have been smart enough to finally give Russ Matthews a stable marriage and four or five children, so Russ and his wife could inherit the patriarch/matriarch roles from Russ's parents, as Bob and Kim Hughes did on ATWT.  And lots of Matthews spawn who actually retain the last-name Matthews to populate the show into the future.  

Edited by Neil Johnson

• Members

Another Reunion Alert 

Alan Locher will reunite ANOTHER WORLD’s Alice Barrett Mitchell (ex-Frankie), Kale Brown (ex-Michael), Alicia Coppola (ex-Lorna), Anna Stuart (ex-Donna) and Christine Tucci (ex-Amanda) on his show, The Locher Room. The live interview will take place on Thursday August 13 at 2 p.m. 

What a weird group of people (except Kale and Anna) 

• Members

I hope so because Alice Barrett could finally put to bed who exactly made the decision to fire her, and who was in charge that made Frankie's death so violent. No one ever wants to take responsibility for that so it'll be interesting if she talks about it.

• Members

Too many guests -- his better shows are smaller groups.  The OLTL reunion this week had 3 and it ran smoothly with no tech issues and lots of tea spilled.  Locher should know by now that more than 3 makes for a difficult interview, especially when everyone talks over each other. 

Edited by gimmetoo

• Members

I wish he would/could do one with Alice Barrett, Stephen Schnetzer, and Julie Osburn. I loved the Frankie/Cass/Kathleen story. I'd like to hear what they thought. 

I know there aren't a lot of Jensen fans on here, but i'd like to see a Jensen Buchanan, Tom Eplin, and Judi Evans one too. That could definitely have some tea spilled about Jensen's contract demands. I wonder what Judi thought of storylines like Paulina's pill addiction, running into Spencer (was that Vicky's kid's name...i'm spacing out), her long-lost kid story, etc...