Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Does anyone who posts on this thread know what has happened to actress Jeanne Lang.   She was one of the best daytime television actresses (maybe in the top ten lists of best actresses).  She played Carol Lamont on Another World, and her character was a meanie.

• Members

All I know about her is that she was married to late actor David Haskell (who played Nick Hartley on SB from 1985-86), and that their daughter is a lawyer in the entertainment industry. Speaking of which, the 20th anniversary of Mr. Haskell's passing is coming up (end of August). Hard to believe so much time has gone by.

• Members

MY mother was talking about AW, and she brought up the character of Caroline Stafford. She couldn't remember any storylines she was a part of. She thought she owned an art gallery (the AW homepage confirms this) but that was all she remembered. Did Caroline play any part in storylines? The info on the AW homepage indicates she didn't really have that much to do.

• Members

Caroline was introduced shortly after Harding Lemay returned as headwriter in 1988.  She was involved with Evan Frame and was involved with Sam Fowler's art career.  I suspect that Lemay probably had plans for her, but they were probably scrapped when Donna Swajeski took over as headwriter.

• Members

I think you are correct about Lemay having plans for the character. In one episode, Carolyn takes a phone call from her mother in Australia.  You could tell by the conversation, she had a bad relationship with her mother, and it was a hint of things to come (I think).  But her mother was never mentioned again, and nothing ever developed.  

• Members

Caroline was also pulled into the Red Swan story with Lucas trying to acquire the piece through her art connections, I believe. This put her in more contact with Cass and Frankie (who was a P.I. investigating the piece/Lucas's background?) 

• Members

John Saxon, who played Edward Gerard on Another World, has died. His character was introduced as having transformed Fanny Grady into Felicia Gallant. i always wondered about the casting because before he appeared he ["Monsieur"] was described as if he were very French, and then John Saxon was not at all.

Edited by Xanthe

• Members

Anyone care to speculate?  If George Reinholt, Jacquie Courtney, Berverlee McKenzie, and Virgina Dwyer had stayed on AW until it was cancelled in 1999, in what major ways would the show have evolved differently than it did?  Was there room on the show's canvas for both a strong Matthews family AND a strong Cory family?  

How would Rachel and Alice's relationship have evolved?  Would they have remained enemies?  Become close friends?  Or something in-between?   And what type of relationship would have developed between the show's two millionaire businessmen -- Mac and Steve?   And with those four actors remaining in their roles, which later characters would never have been brought onto the show?  What other differences would you have expected?