Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not really. It wasn't just about Rachel. By then, the quality of the show had already deteriorated too much. In my opinion. Just personal taste. Everybody likes different things. 

No, I wasn't a fan of Rachel ever. I couldn't stand her character in the 60s and early 70s and didn't like her even when the character became more likable and became the lead heroine. I just never liked the character. However, I don't mind characters I don't like as long as they are part of an ensemble and not the main focus. I'm funny that way. I couldn't stand Aunt Liz either but I liked her being a part of the ensemble. I felt the same about Rachel. I always wanted to lock Rachel and Liz together in a room and have them go at each other. Even though I hated both of them, I would love to watch that!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I have some episodes from this era, and I assumed she was wearing a wig as they were particularly popular in the seventies. But as a poster at WoST convinced me years ago, this was her natural hair (adding that Beverlee was a Leo, of course she had great hair). What I want to know is how bloody long did she have to sit in the chair having her hair set like that!? The styles certainly got simpler on GL. Jay Hammer said Beverlee had two alarm clocks: one on the bureau, one in the bathroom. She'd wrap her hair in an Hermès scarf and head to the studio.

• Members

It’s amazing how quickly my request for some more Iris/Brian footage was granted, lol.

May have been only 30 seconds or so, but it’s new to me!

Strange seeing Brian worked up like that in a personal setting. By ‘81, it seems (to me at least) that most of his intensity was reserved for his professional life (and even that was toned down compared to what he seemed like from what the recaps from ‘77 through ‘79 tell us).

Anyone remember anything from 1982? I know he ran for Mayor, but sadly we seem to have less in the way of  video clips and recaps from that year.

• Members

It sounds like Brian didn’t have much to do once he became Mayor. His brief fling with Donna and the whole Ted storyline in 83-84 seem to be the only big things that happened to him.

I wish more of 1982 was available to see. I know it was a lousy year but I’d love to see more of it.

• Members

That was the year Corinne Jacker was head writer. The storylines were all over the place, characters came and went at a rapid pace, and worst of all was the firing of Beverly Penberthy and writing out Pat for one of the most ridiculous reasons I’ve ever seen

• Members

But then P&G ruined it by firing them and Potter for Schenkel who'd never EP a daytime show and Culliton/Tomlin who had some interesting take but lasted less than a year before we had no head writer then the Sam Hall and Gillian Spenser. Ugh. P&G ruined their own shows at every turn.