Another World

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I follow Victoria Wyndham on Instagram, I really enjoy her posts and I'm so happy that she's living her best life in Connecticut with her horses and dogs and birds on a lovely piece of property. Her artwork speaks to me, we share the same tastes.

• Members

I remember *hating* the Marley wig Anne Heche wore in this era. It looked so stiff and unnatural compared to her real hair as Vicky. I was never a big fan of Anne's Marley in general, and in the scene where she objects to Vicky's intention to keep her baby it feels more like she exists only as an antagonist for Vicky and not a character in her own right. In fact if she were not officially the "good" twin she comes across as at best inconsiderate.

I had forgotten that Chris and John had some kind of thing going on, and I kept waiting for John cuddling with Chris to turn out to be her fantasy daydream. And oh, how sweet, John's insistence that she must do the office work because she is too pretty to do construction is apparently fine and not sexist or anything? I sort of liked Mary Layne as Chris but the character was a broad deranged mess.

Based on the timing I'm not sure whether this is during the writers' strike or immediately after. There were no writing credits in the end crawl, so maybe during?

• Members

Marley was a horribly written character for most of Anne's run - a plot device who existed solely to push Jake and Vicky forward. I have wondered for a long time if Anne insisted on changes for Marley in her last year, as the awful straw wig was gone and Marley finally had her own voice and story arc.

Edited by DRW50