Another World

• Members

I don't even see how that would pique the interest of the audience that JFP was allegedly trying to get. I wonder how far removed from the show the promo designers were. Minimal suggestion of any character's personality, mostly a slurry of sex! Sex! Sex! 

Was there a time when AW promos were really on point? 

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Does anyone have the promos for the show's 25th anniversary episodes?  There were four or five of them, each with a character addressing the camera, and talking about a character who'd be returning for the celebration.  I remember one featured Vicky talking about Alice Frame, and another featured John Hudson talking about Pat Randolph.  I haven't seen any of those promos since they originally aired.   

• Members

These promos aired for a few weeks before the actual anniversary episodes.  They actually aired after each episode before the closing credits.  Each promo used the Another World 25th Anniversary Celebration logo below...

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Thanks.  I remember one more of the promos, but in less detail.  That one featured Matt Cory, but I don't remember which returning character he discussed.  Maybe Russ Matthews??   So there were likely a total of five of these promos.  One ran each day for the week prior to the 25th episodes.   

• Members

Did Amy Carlson's Josie have many scenes with Carmen Duncan's Iris?  They couldn't have overlapped even for a year, so I was a little surprised when I saw Amy in the photo Linda Dano posted from Carmen's "memorial."  I initially assumed they shared a dressing room or something and thought it was lovely that they stayed in touch over the years, but then I was even more surprised when Amy commented on the reunion video on how different Carmen was from her character (not that Carmen was unlike Iris, but that Amy would have known one way or the other).

I seem to vaguely recall Iris appearing for a nanosecond in a promo for Josie's return at some formal/masquerade party.  Years later, I remember seeing the Snowflake Ball scenes for the first time on SoapNet, and wishing that Iris/Josie dynamic had continued when Josie returned in the form of AC...until I saw Josie's behavior with Iris and Lucas later on in that arc, and was not so disappointed they dropped that.

Edited by DeliaIrisFan

• Members

Here is the promo with Vicky.  I remember one with Evan Frame talking about Gwen returning to town to get revenge on Rachel for all the trouble she caused the Frame family.  These promos were probably only broadcast on NBC- I doubt that Soapnet aired the promos when these episodes aired.

Edited by watson71

• Members

PS: On that note, I meant to post this back when I first saw the pic from that mini-cast reunion to toast Carmen Duncan's memory...I just looooove knowing that she and Anna Stuart were friendly IRL.  Iris and Donna never got to fight over anything important enough to become a truly iconic rivalry, but they sure gave it their all and were both so amazing.  I like to think they had lots of fun off-screen.

Edited by DeliaIrisFan

• Members

That's very similar to the promos I was asking about.  But the promos I'm looking for all mentioned old characters who were returning for the celebration.   

And I'm sure you're correct, these promos would have appeared only on NBC.  

Edited by Neil Johnson