Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What about Nancy Wickwires run playing the role of Liz?  I have never seen any footage of her on AW.  Was she as vicious as Audra or more like Liz or something in between?  I would love to see some footage of her portrayal of Liz Matthews.  It seems when we think of Liz, we think of Audra and Irene in the role and mostly because they both played the roles the longest but Nancy did play the role I think for over 2 years..  

• Members

I didn't see Wickwire in the role, but I don't think there was much for Liz to do during that period.  Trying to wreck Bill and Missy's romance had been Liz's major storyline for years, but by the time Wickwire arrived, Bill and Missy had married and moved out of town.  During Wickwire's time at AW, Missy returned (Bill had died off-screen) for a couple of months before her spin-off to Somerset. And Liz had some sort of romance with the same man her daughter, Susan, was involved with.  Then Susan married another guy, Dan Shearer, and left town.  From what I've read, it seemed maybe Liz had mellowed a bit, but it may have just seemed that way because they didn't write a major conflict for her.  At least Liz still had her big house, during that period.  When Irene Daily was on the show, Liz always lived in apartments, and then eventually moved into Jim and Mary's old house -- which was out of character.  

Edited by Neil Johnson

• Members

Awesome!  I knew that Bell helped create AW, but didn't realize until recently that originally it was credited on the show as being co-created by him.  I always wonder why he never became HW when it was having trouble, instead going to DAYS and Nixon went to AW.

And woah--why in that collection is there one for All My Children that says "Series Idea"???

Edited by EricMontreal22

• Members

Didn’t Agnes originally create her AMC bible for P&G? Who knows how many hands were in the pot back then, or it could be lazy error..

Bell had worked with Ted Corday at ATWT, and his wife Betty was familiar with him. I am guessing Betty made him an offer at DAYS and he took it. Bell spoke a little about leaving Irna in this clip and how he thought she never really forgave him for it. Bell was very much her right hand man in many aspects during the first decade or so of ATWT.