On 1/13/2020 at 8:46 AM, kelly1142 said:

I still hate that they killed off Ryan. That along with the stupid destruction of Jake and Paulina for boring Joe was the straw that made me give up on this show in 1995.

I always believed that 1995 was when the sabotage began in order to justify AW's cancellation.

Edited by AbcNbc247

The decision to split Jake & Paulina and saddle her with dull Joe still mystifies me to this day. I can only suspect there was some backstage maneuvering going on -- like, perhaps, Jensen Buchanan demanded a Vicky-Jake pairing in addition to a helicopter?

3 hours ago, teplin said:

The decision to split Jake & Paulina and saddle her with dull Joe still mystifies me to this day. I can only suspect there was some backstage maneuvering going on

I think it might have just been a case of new producers and writers preferring their own characters as opposed to somebody else's. Didn't JFP also not like Tom Eplin and Jake and Paulina as a couple?

3 hours ago, Khan said:

A helicopter.  Because, that's what one needs to travel from CT to Brooklyn.

I always wondered if the JB story with her demanding a helicopter with contract negotiations was true! :)

I actually preferred Paulina with Joe as I was done with Jake. I would have been more than happy to see Jake killed off. Of course, I'm also the viewer who still missed Cali Timmins so take what I say with a grain of salt.

On 12/24/2019 at 4:13 PM, KMan101 said:

Yeah, it wasn't. I hated his ass as producer of ATWT. Lord. He had no use for Eileen Fulton either (and I'm guessing the feeling was more than mutual). I also think he was butthurt by Byrne that she fled. So he was petty (IMO). And yep, I believe Moore asked.

Goutman almost seemed to resent his time at ATWT, yet, he brought Sharlene back to AW in 1998 and I don't think he was the worst they ever had, he had a lot of mess to clean up. Was he bitter? And honestly, maybe he should have just stayed a director 💅 

I loved Julianne's return but Frannie should have been given a few more shows. I love how Julianne loves ATWT and seemed so happy to be back

Julianne Moore is that rare film/TV actor who remains very proud of her soap past.  She's never been afraid to discuss it, and she's always said she never looked it as a "stepping stone" toward where she is today.  For that reason alone, she'll always be among my faves.

33 minutes ago, Khan said:

Julianne Moore is that rare film/TV actor who remains very proud of her soap past.  She's never been afraid to discuss it, and she's always said she never looked it as a "stepping stone" toward where she is today.  For that reason alone, she'll always be among my faves.

Same. I love her for that and she's talented so that helps ;) 

18 hours ago, Khan said:

She said when she came back that she and Hays and Hastings still spoke and saw each other from time to time, and when she came back for that day Wagner was giving her tips on how to do her scene and she was totally cool with it!

In my YouTube feed, a 1951 episode of Suspense, an anthology series that ran on CBS, appeared this morning.  The episode features 30 year old Douglass Watson (Mac Cory) as a killer who follows a woman home on a stormy night.

4 hours ago, Khan said:

I'll just come right out and say it: 30-year-old Douglass Watson could get it.

60 year old Douglass Watson could get it too...

Somewhere along the line Douglass added that extra s to his name...

Live TV - love that moment when the stagehand appears on set and a pair of arms grabs him out of camera range.

Thanks for sharing!