Another World

• Members

Carmen Duncan is the only Iris I know so she is Iris to me. Duncan's work during The Chief/Mac's Death storylines was Emmy worthy. She was magnificent. When I see Beverlee McKinsey as Iris, she comes across as over the top because I'm used to Duncan. 

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Watching clips from 81

Liking this Alice, she's got spunk

WOW, I presume Cecile is making it seem like Jamie hit her?

Mac (with the Joker hairstyle) is basically blackmailing Rachel

Joey, Rick, Jerry, Mitch, and Jamie are HOT imo

• Members

I think us, who knew and loved Beverlee's Iris just see Carmen Duncan as just different and not really Iris.  I do like Carmen Duncan very much and she did a great job portraying Iris but in a different way.  Even when she appeared in 1988 and I thought maybe someone else should have been casted for the role, I still thought she was great.  I always say, dont blame the actor, blame the soap.  They are responsible for turning someone into a completely different person when they recast.  Rachel and Iris would have never gotten even rometely along if it was Bev's Iris.  

I believe at one time there was talk of Pammy Davis (Rachel's sister) returning.  Technically she was on Somerset and not AW (spin off soap).  I could be wrong.  I don't recall if there was any real interaction between Rachel and her sister Pammy who was not Ada's daughter. Someone wrote that even a soap magazine wrote they were casting for the role but obvisoulsy it never happened..  They should have had Rachel's father return to town.  When Connie Ford passed away, I think Jordan Charney should have returned as her brother, Sam Lucas.  He was best known as Mr Angelino on Three's Company in the late 70's after he left AW around 1975.  At least for the funeral anyway but AW had lost all is real family connections at this point and probably know one even knew about these characters.. 

• Members

He didn't get the part. Brian Green AKA Singing Sam did. As for Mitch Longley, he came in September 1991

She was born on Somerset. When their marriage crumbled, (I think Sam had an affair) Lahoma took her and left. Sam then went back to Bay City but eventually found them and left to go be with them.

Edited by AbcNbc247