Another World

• Members

I think there was some discussion about Lisa being Felicia's daughter. Didn't Felicia stick up for Lisa when Vicky was causing problems? I always had the sense that they were gearing up for that storyline, but it got shelved when the Lisa character became less vital once Anne Heche took over as Vicky. I don't remember how Lisa left, but I assume Joanna Going could see the writing on the wall, and that's why she left.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm not sure but I don't think so. I know when Lucas first came in, there was a scene between him and Felicia where he thought Lisa was their daughter and he accused Felicia of lying to him about her, but I think she was always meant to be Felicia's niece. I think she was brought in as the focal point of the Sin Stalker story. The story was that the Sin Stalker had killed Lisa's parents when she was younger because he was so obsessed with her.

From what I remember, Lisa left because she had just given up fighting for Jamie. I wish she had stayed though. I really liked the Lisa/Jamie/Vicky triangle. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Back before Lorna appeared, probably around 1990, there was talk about AW casting for the role of Bliss, a twenty something model who was rumored to be Felicia's long lost daughter. Clearly, Bliss was scrapped. It makes me wonder if Swajeski had no idea about who would turn out to be the daughter.

• Members

Really?  They did?

If you ask me, the two bigger strikes against SB were its' unconventionality, and the fact that it was up against GH and GL in most markets.  (Also, you'd have to take into account the BTS troubles, which definitely spilled over into the writing.)

I had no idea NBC blamed SB's dismal ratings on AW, though.  That's so damn ludicrous of them to do that, lol.

• Members

I'm not 100% sure but I did read that somewhere. I think GH was the biggest reason why SB didn't do so well too. But I think it was around this time that NBC started to get tired of P&G and wanted AW gone, or at least be its sole owner.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

That's true. Sometimes that makes the show watchable, but not very "must see". Sometimes that's needed. But a good assessment. Run of the mill/generic. I guess after watching years of trash, I'm good with a little basic soap, lol. 

Probably a network mandate. I forgot all about those, honestly. 

I liked Lisa and the Lisa/Jamie/Vicky triangle as well. I was disappointed she left. I agree she was always probably supposed to be Felicia's niece. Now, she'd be her daughter for sure! LOL. "Shock twist" ... 

Edited by KMan101