10 minutes ago, adrnyc said:

I need some help and don’t know where else to turn to ask. 

I’ve been watching the SoapNet run of AW. It appears that most of May 1990-December 1990 is missing. I’m super disappointed in that because I never got to see the fall of 1990 as I went to college and didn’t have a VCR that first semester. Since SoapNet re-aired it, I find it hard to believe that someone out there didn’t keep every episode. Am I looking for it wrong? I used to be able to just put in “Another World June 1989” (or similar) and a ton of videos would pop up. Any help would be appreciated. I never found out who tried to kill Jake and would love to finally watch that storyline play out!

No, you're not looking for it wrong.

Unless they were posted and the uploader set them as "unlisted", there are no complete playlists from May to December 1990 uploaded to YT. There are a handful of episodes and clips uploaded though (Ryan's introduction, Cass and Frankie's first wedding, Jake's shooting). 

2 hours ago, AbcNbc247 said:

No, you're not looking for it wrong.

Unless they were posted and the uploader set them as "unlisted", there are no complete playlists from May to December 1990 uploaded to YT. There are a handful of episodes and clips uploaded though (Ryan's introduction, Cass and Frankie's first wedding, Jake's shooting). 

Ok - thanks for letting me know! At least I know it’s not my inability to find them. I did see those random episodes and made a list. So I’ll watch those and then just be happy to be able to see most of ‘91 and ‘92 it its entirety. 

1 hour ago, adrnyc said:

Ok - thanks for letting me know! At least I know it’s not my inability to find them. I did see those random episodes and made a list. So I’ll watch those and then just be happy to be able to see most of ‘91 and ‘92 it its entirety. 

You're welcome. 1991 was a great year on AW, 1992 was alright, but it got a little boring at times.

Edited by AbcNbc247

4 hours ago, adrnyc said:

Eddie Drueding and munecojim have a few episodes up.

Right now for some unexplained reason, I am watching AW in 1981.  I don't think my original viewing happened until about 1983-84.  Which by then was a far different show than what I am watching now.  What a difference a few years makes.  The pace is slower.  Cecile, played by Susan Keith is conniving, but not over the top.  She has a career.  When I started she was going after Peter Love, just for the money....  Ray Liotta is on a god bit.  We have Peter Brady, I know, Christopher Knight.  Blaine is also just going for the pot of Gold.  There are the brother and sister who come from money,  but I think their time is coming to a close.  Mac and Rachel are in full storyline at the mansion and the Complex, which I don't remember being a term when I started watching.  Liz actually works and is not just a busy body.  There is a charm in this period.  Although I am partial to seeing Donna and Vicky...Cass...Felicia...

5 hours ago, ScottyBman said:

Right now for some unexplained reason, I am watching AW in 1981.  I don't think my original viewing happened until about 1983-84.  Which by then was a far different show than what I am watching now.  What a difference a few years makes.  The pace is slower.  Cecile, played by Susan Keith is conniving, but not over the top.  She has a career.  When I started she was going after Peter Love, just for the money....  Ray Liotta is on a god bit.  We have Peter Brady, I know, Christopher Knight.  Blaine is also just going for the pot of Gold.  There are the brother and sister who come from money,  but I think their time is coming to a close.  Mac and Rachel are in full storyline at the mansion and the Complex, which I don't remember being a term when I started watching.  Liz actually works and is not just a busy body.  There is a charm in this period.  Although I am partial to seeing Donna and Vicky...Cass...Felicia...

There is a tremendous difference between 1981-82 and 1983-84.  Part of the difference was the switch in producers from Paul Rauch to Allen Potter.  By 1981-82, Rauch was beginning to outstay his welcome after making AW a success in the 70s.  In Spring 1983, Potter was transferred from GL to AW.  Potter was AW's original producer in 1964.  I think he greatly improved the show, and it was very watchable during his tenure in 1983-84.  I wish he hadn't retired at the end of 1984.  In 1985, AW would again lose its way under producer Stephen Schenckel, and we were back to 1981-82 all over again in terms of storylines.