Another World

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Do you remember much about Sandy Corey? Apparently, he was a male hooker. I cant find info on him aside from that.

Also, whats up with Spencer Harrison and Amanda? He seems to like her and gets angry when iris is mean to her, but im not sure why. This is long before Amanda mixes it up with his kids.

Edited by JackPeyton

• Members

It's true, she talks about it in her book which I skimmed in Barnes & Noble when it came out. She also shared that she was so sexually closed off given her history of abuse at the hands of her father (a gay man who forced oral copulation on her and gave her herpes before later dying of AIDS :( ) that her best bud/mother figure Anna Stuart bought her a vibrator so she could "get to know herself". One helluva book...

• Members

Poor Anne, her family history is just horrible, it makes most soap families seem low-key.

She is, or was, such a fantastic actress, which is always overlooked. I think the soap format was what suited her talents most, because she was clearly nervous at first and then grew and grew and grew. She was best as Vicky but she was also very good as Marley, especially when she got out of that damn wig.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Her brother was killed in a car accident in the mid-80s, I think. She and her sister fell out over the book and her sister died of cancer a few years ago (I don't remember if they made up or not). I think her mother is some kind of ex-gay speaker who uses Anne Heche's return to being with men as proof that you can be delivered from homosexuality. I don't think she and Anne are close either. Anne has repeatedly said that she was not somehow delivered or cured from being in a lesbian relationship.

• Members

Jensen Buchanan... I just... can't. I cannot believe the story that JFP spent $$$$ just to helicopter her ass to and from the studio at a time of her choosing. So much wasted on somebody wrongly considered to be AW's sole asset.

Plus Anne Heche cast such a long shadow. People talk about Sarah Brown's Carly making a mark, but Heche's Vicky was both a precursor AND broke the mold. She was incandescent. Her talent jumped off the screen.

Her life story sounds beyond tragic. Kudos to her for living her life, turning her back on her past and carving out happiness for herself.

• Members

I thought Buchanan, after several years, became a decent Vicky, albeit more of a mainstream heroine Vicky, but I do agree that the show went too far in placating her. I don't think it would have been the end of the world if they'd recast when she left in 1994.

• Members

What? They paid her travel expenses? Not surprised, soaps use to do this a lot. In my interview with her, Sandra Ferguson admits to making ridiculous demands before returning and they gave into them all - including flying her to LA twice a month.

I wish people would realize that Brown benifited more from fantastic writing/story/costars more than her talent. No doubt she was talented, but she has has an edge over anyone else in the role because all others carlys were reduced to prop work for onny. Braun is by far better, imho, because once she found her footing she turned bad writing into something amazing to watch.