3 hours ago, chrisml said:

I have always heard how good Beverlee McKinsey was as Iris, but I've never seen her work. I'm only familiar with Carmen Duncan's Iris, and I found her to be exceptional during the whole "the chief" storyline. Was Iris's story changed to explain Duncan's accent or did Iris already know she was adopted? Sorry if this is a basic question, but I'm new and couldn't find the info.

You can find several Beverlee episodes on Youtube.

6 hours ago, j swift said:

I remember a large entry hall with the stairs to the upstairs rooms before the living room that often interfered with the actual view of the door.  However, for years the opening included images of the Cory's greeting guests as Amanda's debutante ball showed the outside of the front door.  An obviously, as one visual sign of the decline, the front door was visible during the final montage of the Cory living room.

Yes, we saw the foyer, front door, and staircase with the updated '80s set. Looking at the '70s set, the drawing room is larger and we sometimes see the dining room. When Iris comes over,  for example, we hear Louise let her in but never see her at the door. I quite like it actually, hearing voices from the next room.

6 hours ago, chrisml said:

Was Iris's story changed to explain Duncan's accent or did Iris already know she was adopted? Sorry if this is a basic question, but I'm new and couldn't find the info.

Even though Carmen's Australian, it was said that Iris had been living in England. Not unlike Stephanie Beacham and Kate O'Mara, I think Carmen benefited from the shine Joan Collins' Alexis created. AW seemed to borrow a few things from Alexis in crafting Carmen's Iris, who'd previously been a woman of leisure, not a corporate shark. Even her penthouse was practically the exact same layout as Alexis'. Carmen had played an Alexis/Racine (Paper Dolls) type in the Australian Skin Deep, a telefilm/pilot for an Aussie primetime soap that didn't take off.

Screenshot_20190123-040753.png

19 hours ago, BuckyB12 said:

She sought out her birth mother, Sylvie Kosloff, who was a famous fashion designer, but she had grown up "lower class," which horrified Iris.

The show didn't come right out and say so, but it was pretty obvious Sylvie was intended to be Jewish and that wouldn't have sat well with Iris, either.

On 1/31/2019 at 8:59 PM, Khan said:

Yep, that's Alice with the raggedy mouth.

DEAD! 😂

I can't read the article.  Nevertheless, it's sad to hear about Carmen Duncan.  I hope she knew how much a lot of AW fans appreciated her work as Iris.  May she RIP.

Edited by Khan

23 minutes ago, Khan said:

I can't read the article.  Nevertheless, it's sad to hear about Carmen Duncan.  I hope she knew how much a lot of AW fans appreciated her work as Iris.  May she RIP.

Well, that one doesn't work for me anymore either.  Here's another one.

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/actor-carmen-duncan-76-dies-of-cancer-20190203-p50vfc.html