Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@Efulton Thanks for the info! That's definitely interesting to hear. Joanna Going went on to Dark Shadows almost immediately so I always assumed it had been her decision to leave but didn't have it confirmed and didn't want to make any assumptions.

• Members

1992 is when Lorna was revealed as Felicia/Lucas' daughter.

I do recall when Lucas first came on.. that he had thought Lisa was his and Felicia's daughter... and I always wonder if Joanna Going hadn't quit.. if Lisa would have ended up being that long lost daughter.. since she did resemble Felicia.  And Felicia was given something to forget she even had a baby to begin with.. so it would have made sense that she was told Lisa was her niece.. and she seemed very maternal toward Lisa, etc.

I also think Jenna fulfilled the role that Lisa had provided for Felicia hence why I think Lisa was never recast.

• Members

Agreed but, I have issues with killing off Lucas too soon. The later attempt to revisit with the other character played by the same actor was also a bomb.

Lucas was interesting character and allowed Felicia to head her own insta-family.  He would have been a good Mac replacement as an older guy in town who was still a catch for single gals.  Although his mob involvement may have been an annoyance to me as a fan because I never enjoyed mob stories,  there were plenty of other avenues to explore.  He was also a good foil for the Harrison's and would have provided an interesting alternative power base.  Lucas could have had other kids, ex-wives, or other family members.  So, I really feel like his story potential was ruined by killing him soon.

• Members

That could have been the reason.  I'm not sure if he left on his own or whether the storyline dictated his exit so they could begin the Felicia alcoholism storyline.   

Aprea's second character, Alexander Nikos, started with potential- a Lucas lookalike with a vendetta against Carl Hutchins- Carl had an affair with Alexander's dead wife, Diana.  After a few months, Alexander's storyline became a plot driven mess with Amanda posing as Hadley Prescott to interfere in Rachel and Carl's marriage, Alexander and Carl fighting on the top of penthouse roof causing Felicia to fall through the skylight, Alexander kidnapping Rachel, burying her in a coffin, in a church that was about to demolished, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I always thought Meryl Streep in her Devil Wears Prada would have been a great replacement for Carmen.  Def not a replacement for Bev.  Dixie Carter also had mannerism and spoke much like Carmen Duncan. I would love to hear other thoughts.  Carol Shelley seemed more like Iris when she temporary replaced Bev but she def has no similarities to Carmen

I think the constant recasts of Jamie's were just overkill.  I did not watch the show much during the 90's but would have cared less if I ever saw Jamie again.  By time you got comfortable with Jamie a new actor was playing the role.  However, if they were able to lure Lau back that would have worked