Another World

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

OMG - I completely forgot about Kelsey!!!  Our group in college that watched Another World hated her, HATED HER!!  We were also mean kids at the time - there was someone in our department who we didn't much care for, and we would call her "Kelsey".  I'm still back in 1989 of my re-watch of the series but I can't wait to get to 1992 now!  Also....LORNA!!!

• Members

Came across a magazine titled FourTwoNine that featured an excerpt from Armistead Maupin's new memoir. In it, he discusses his relationship with actor Curt Dawson who had played Zachary Colton on Another World in the early 1980s. It's a beautiful piece that includes a photo of Dawson. Maupin shares that Sir Ian McKellen was also once in love with Dawson in the early 60s.

• Members

http://deadline.com/2017/11/nbc-buys-family-dance-school-drama-produced-sean-hayes-hazy-mills-thomas-ian-griffith-mary-page-keller-1202200524/

Mary Page Keller and Thomas Ian Griffith (Sally and Caitlin, AW) are going to produce a new family drama on NBC.  A recent picture of them is in the article.  They still look good 33 years later!

• Members

Lol, those tinsely neo-flapper hats were in:

Please register in order to view this content

I have a childhood memory of someone in primetime wearing one too.  Someone suggested it was Fallon, I'd have to see the episode again to be sure.

• Members

Definitely an unflattering screen cap. Raggedy Ann, the drunken years.

Here's some of the scene in question:

Of course, no discussion of 1980's satin caps is complete without Bette Midler's motivational hallucination in Ruthless People, which I can't find a photo or clip of.

Edited by Franko