Another World

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It also has some old soap books, e.g., Soap World by Robert LaGuardia, etc.  You have to have an account and check those out digitally, but all they ask for is an e-mail and password.  It's linked with openlibrary.org.  The books can be read on a computer but I have an app called Digital Editions, that enables me to download it on my ipad. 

• Members

Hi Another World fans,

If you didn't know, the Another World Home Page (anotherworldhomepage.com) is a great source of show history.

If you do know of it, here's news about three current and ongoing projects:

1) The Actor Guide is being expanded to include links to Wikipedia and IMDb pages for the many actors who appeared on the show. It continues to surprise how many have/had successful careers in film, TV, and theatre. This project has just started, and needs help. If you're interested in helping research actors for the expanded list, please let me know.

http://www.anotherworldhomepage.com/actors.html

2) Mike McGavin is back from another successful research visit to the microfilm script library. He'll have an update soon with new information, dates, and synopses for the 1960s and 1970s.

http://www.anotherworldhomepage.com/index18.html

3) Have you ever wondered exactly how many and which episodes of Another World are "out there," that have been digitized and made available online for viewing? Mike W. does a great job maintaining a list of the AOL (1980-1981) and Hulu (1991-1992) episodes available on YouTube. But what most people don't know is that sites like YT reconfigure any video that's uploaded, distorting the perspectives and significantly reducing the image and sound quality. Tech expert Dan has plans to re-encode all the VHS tapes he can get his hands on to make the AW episodes available in higher quality than most of us have ever seen before. And perhaps you can help. Read about the project here:

http://www.anotherworldhomepage.com/awvl.html

Be advised that not every page on the site may be viewable in all browsers.

Eddie,
AWHP (1995-forever)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I am happy to see Eddie here. His AW site is a treasure trove for AW fans, and I can readily attest to his friendliness, helpfulness, and generosity. I have bought various video items from him over the years and have always been thrilled with his material.

It's great to know that the AW site is still being updated!

• Members

I'm also thrilled to see Eddie here. AWHP is one of the first major soap sites I ever visited, and I was amazed at all the work undertaken. I'm so amazed it's still around and updated. It helps keep AW alive. 

@EddieAWHP I keep meaning to post more of the old AW articles I have. I imagine most of them you already have but if I ever put any up that you don't and you need them for your site, feel free. 

• Members

Just checked out the above site. Wow! Lots of awesome articles and the like on there. Will take me days to go through it!

Is most of the SoapNet run on YouTube?  I thought it wasn't - there are no full episodes with dates on there, just lots of short clips with different names. However, I've come across some playlists from 1989, 1990, 1991, and they appear to have all been put  in order by someone. I'm currently in May 1989 - loving rewatching the Jason Frame murder, it's really quite well done. They must have known the murderer from the start because it's right there in the performance! My thanks to all the uploaders, and the people who take the time to put them in order into playlists!!